DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro in and out of atti mode

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi. It's been awhile since I flew, but I have to bring this up because I can't get it off my mind.

Sometimes when I fly, I randomly get put out of gps mode and into atti mode. Sometimes it goes back to gos normal sometime it doesn't. Either way it's very nerve racking and I feel it would result in a rth failiure or even worse. Any ideas?

Hi. It's been awhile since I flew, but I have to bring this up because I can't get it off my mind.

Sometimes when I fly, I randomly get put out of gps mode and into atti mode. Sometimes it goes back to gos normal sometime it doesn't. Either way it's very nerve racking and I feel it would result in a rth failiure or even worse. Any ideas?
The most likely explanation is that your drone doesn't have a clear unobstructed view of the sky.
If your drone is being put into atti mode with a good skyview, something is wrong.

The most likely explanation is that your drone doesn't have a clear unobstructed view of the sky.
If your drone is being put into atti mode with a good skyview, something is wrong.
I forgot to mention that it states the atti thing is because of the compass having an error

I too fly M1P's. If you have compass error you might need to recalibrate the compass.. Go to settings and compass. Hit calibrate. Ensure that you are not near steel (and rebar in concrete can mess things up) and holding your drone level, spin it counterclockwise when viewed from above. Once it tells you that is OK, turn your drone such that it is nose down and again turn counterclockwise. It will indicate if all is well or if you need to redo it. If you have to redo it, find a nice grassy field to do it in thus reducing or eliminating the chance of steel being present.

I forgot to mention that it states the atti thing is because of the compass having an error
That's a different thing then.
Recalibrating your compass isn't going to fix it.
The problem isn't that there is something wrong with your compass.
The problem is where you are launching.
Avoiding launching from areas of magnetic interference is what you need to do.
Particularly avoid launching from reinforced concrete surfaces.

That's a different thing then.
Recalibrating your compass isn't going to fix it.
The problem isn't that there is something wrong with your compass.
The problem is where you are launching.
Avoiding launching from areas of magnetic interference is what you need to do.
Particularly avoid launching from reinforced concrete surfaces.
I agree with Meta4. See if you can find a nice grassy area to launch or recalibrate from

I agree with Meta4. See if you can find a nice grassy area to launch or recalibrate from
There shouldn't be any need to recalibrate the compass at all.
The issue is not that there's problem with the compass.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89