DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro + iPad Mini Wireless Version

luckydog125

Reactions
Hello All - just graduated from the Phantom Vision 2+ to the Mavic Pro and had a question about using a iPad Mini to fly the Mavic. I have seen all the posts about having a data enable iPad due to the GPS and maps and I definitely want that functionality. What I dont want is a monthly data plan for a tablet that will just be used for flying the Mavic. So my question - if I have the wireless iPad and am connected to a MiFi device which provides internet bandwidth, will I get the same functionality? Anyone doing this? Obviously I know I will need to be flying where there is data connectivity. Thanks!

if I have the wireless iPad and am connected to a MiFi device which provides internet bandwidth, will I get the same functionality?
You will be able to use features that require the Internet (e.g. downloading maps in real-time). However, you won't be able to use the Follow Me feature and/or manually reset the home point to your location after taking off. Those two features require GPS on the mobile device.

Hello All - just graduated from the Phantom Vision 2+ to the Mavic Pro and had a question about using a iPad Mini to fly the Mavic. I have seen all the posts about having a data enable iPad due to the GPS and maps and I definitely want that functionality. What I dont want is a monthly data plan for a tablet that will just be used for flying the Mavic. So my question - if I have the wireless iPad and am connected to a MiFi device which provides internet bandwidth, will I get the same functionality? Anyone doing this? Obviously I know I will need to be flying where there is data connectivity. Thanks!

If you have Iphone, you can try this WiFi-Only iPad 2 Gets GPS When Tethered to iPhone | Cult of Mac

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78