DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro light crashed

msf1344

Reactions
Hi
My new MP just arrived and i set it up as the manual said and tried a hovering indoor just 30 cm over the floor but suddenly the aircraft has missed the behavior and drifted to the right and crashed to the chair , i turn off the bird and check the propellers and motor but i could not find any damage to them . since then i did not turn it on because i am scare maybe something happened . can anyone had the same problem ? how to know if something happened to the rotors or bearings ? Thanks

I would not suggest your first flight to be indoors. Indoors you do not have gps signal which makes flying the drone much easier and safer.

Take it outside and learn how to fly it.

It's probably OK, the camera and gimbal is the fragile part
Make sure props don't have any damage

Indoors it can hold position using the downward sensors (no GPS) but you must have good light and some texture or pattern in the floor
It is much better to wait for good conditions outside.
Flying indoors requires very gentle control input and is not easy until you are very familiar with it.

you made the worse and most common mistake made---flying indoors
as mentioned,fly outside

Reactions: locoman
Thanks for replies guys , I just turned on the bird when it was stable on the floor and the motors turn without any weird noises . tomorrow i will try it outside if the weather condition is good .

Don't EVER fly it indoors. Make sure it is in GPS mode before ever flying. I'm sure it is okay if the gimbal didn't take a hit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcomons