DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro & mavic air question

rep5104

Reactions
Hello,
So I have a question about dji products in general and cant quite seem to get the same answer twice. I would like to purchase a dji mavic pro or the new air but I was told by a friend that because I live within 5mi of an airport that it wouldn't fly. I called the local airport and didnt really get any usable info as of yet. I had a family member bring his dji phantom 3 over last nite and it wouldn't fly. After messing with for a while i went dji's website and was able to see that im in a restricted airspace but the airport in indicated with a yellow dot which means the software restriction should be able to be removed. Today I called dji and after an hour and 4 different people i still have no idea if i was to purchase 1 would i be able to fly it at my house????
Please any info would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance..

Depends on the airport.
The way it has worked for me.
If you are next to a big busy airport in a class Bravo airspace it may not be flyable with out getting an update from DJI allowing it.
If you are next to a less busy airport Class C,D... the app will have you answer some questions and verify your identity before letting you fly.

Regardless if you are next to an airport and doing causal hobby flying you should call them and let them know for before hand.

Mike

thank you mike
i did call the airport and spoke to the supervisor and he said as long as i stay below 500' and don't fly towards or over airport he dont care and i dont need to call everytime i want to fly .
is there a way to find out what class my airport is? on dji's website the airport closest to me has a yellow icon marking it then there's a miltiary/international airport further away marked with a red icon..

Do you have the name of the Airport, maybe city and State could be helpful as well

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot