DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro motor tight but working fine and without any warnings

Vitorcard

Reactions
Hi! Mi front left motor is not spinning as freelly as the other three when i spin it with my hands. But its flying normal and without any warnnings, should i replace it or its fine? I mean, its spinning normal when its turnned on.

Hi - Welcome to the forum ...
The Mavic Pro's motor (casing) shouldn't really spin free when you hand turn it ... There are a ring of magnets on the inside of that cylinder which - when the motor is not powered - will be attracted to the ferrite cores of the coils that power the prop'. When you hand turn the cylindrical motor casing, you'll feel the 'vibration' of the magnets passing the ferrites, and it most certainly won't spin freely i.e. if you flick the casing with your fingers, it just moves with your fingers, then stops immediately as you let go.
If that is describing what you are worried about - then that's quite normal.
Drone_motor.png

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
Thanks for the answer! It's ok that the other three spins 2 times when pushed with the same ammount of energy with my hands and the other one spins 1 time? Thanks again..

Thanks for the answer! It's ok that the other three spins 2 times when pushed with the same ammount of energy with my hands and the other one spins 1 time? Thanks again..
Interesting ... All four of my Mavic's motors hand spin as I've described in post#2 above ... In other words, you have one motor doing what I'd expect, and 3 being a little 'loser' than I'd expect. As you turn the motor casings with your fingers, can you feel that little vibration as the magnets pass the ferrites??? If you can then I don't think you have anything to be worried about.

Interesting ... All four of my Mavic's motors hand spin as I've described in post#2 above ... In other words, you have one motor doing what I'd expect, and 3 being a little 'loser' than I'd expect. As you turn the motor casings with your fingers, can you feel that little vibration as the magnets pass the ferrites??? If you can then I don't think you have anything to be worried about.

Yes, i can feel the vibrations. Thanks a lot!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scATC1001