DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro or Inspire 1

Yup, agreed.
The P4 and Mavic represent the next step ahead in technology, and in this instance, it's longer flight times.
However, as a camera platform, anybody who tells you they are going to sit and watch a single aerial shot that takes 8 minutes at a stretch is smoking something.
Most aerial shots last not more than 15-20 seconds, max. And so as far as aerial platforms go, having some kind of shot discipline (i.e. deciding what you're going to shoot before you shoot it) 8 minutes' flight tie to get 20 seconds of shot is way more than enough.
It's when you don't plan the shots, and you go "hmmm... what's interesting to shoot here" that you need the extra flight time.

Really depends on your needs. It sounds like you are similar to me - want a good quality video but not a professional film person. I think the Inspire is superior to the Mavic in many respects - but for my money - the Mavic crushes the competition. In my situation, I travel a lot. The backpack that I have for the Mavic is so small and convenient - I carry it on the plane all the time. When I want to stop and film - it is absolutely no problem to unpack it from the backpack. Image quality is awesome, but not as good as the P4pro. Then again - unless you are a professional I doubt that you would even notice the difference. I saw someone flying an Inspire 1 - the case that he had was HUGE. TRaveling with it would be a pain becasue the case is about the size of a chest.

Reactions: agraska
I actually shot a video using clips from both my Mavic and my Inspire. Ultimately decided to sell the Inspire because the camera was just as great on the Mavic, plus it was portable, had better battery, far better range and way less transmission issues.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito