DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum distance problem

1967 fly guy

Reactions
I recently purchased a Mavic Pro Platinum. I like it a lot but am having trouble with maximum distance. In the main controller setting the Enable Max Distance button is turned off or white. When I reach a distance of around 1500 ft. I get a message that says "Maximum Distance Exceeded". I know this thing will fly a lot farther than that. What am I doing wrong? I am in an open rural area with not much for interference. Thanks for any help.

Have you tried it both positions and see what the outcome is, are your controller antennae in an upright position?

Uncheck it and set a max distance - did you take it out of beginner mode?

Have you tried it both positions and see what the outcome is, are your controller antennae in an upright position?
Yes the antenna are in the up position. I have not tried it with the box checked. I guess I can try that and see what happens.

if you do not turn on max distance ,ie white not green then the mav will rely on a preset max distance once, you activate it you can set it to your desired distance which will depend where you are in the world bear in mind that you should always be flying in VLOS, i have my max distance set at 500 mtrs or 1645 ft as this is the limit of my ability to see my mav with my old eyes,but you may be able to see yours further out

I don't recall setting any max distance, but have certainly sent my MPP beyond 3.5 kms. I have really good eyesight! ;-))

Reactions: RunnerGuy
  • Haha
Reactions: JS1600
My furthest flight was 5km - out in the boonies - upon returning I still had 35 percent battery - my controller strength to quad never went below 3 bars - it was hard to see it when it got around 4.9 km so I turned around.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanM