Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro switched to atti

Why out of the blue has my Mavic pro
Randomly started switching in and out of
Atti mode?
could be a fault with the GPS receiver or a IMU issue

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Your probably flying it indoors with poor gps reception and a dark environment so that the vps doesn't work

Why out of the blue has my Mavic pro
Randomly started switching in and out of
Atti mode?

Another case of free ATTI mode! I can ask did you use SUPER-PATCHER, other pilots reporting random horror forced ATTI mode with many sats. Maybe 5G gots the COVID for use to ATTI on the crashing?

GPS doesn't "just go out"
You may have a hardware problem
If you want some insight into the situation, you'll have to post flight data.
Would love to but can not retrieve it.
I have an iPad mini5 and iPhone XR.
Idk how to retrieve and send the data.
I use airdata

How do I do that
Copy the link to your Airdata report (highlighted in this illustration) and paste it into a post here.
i-xtHTNhb.jpg

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Will this work.
That's it

The flight was all above 100 ft except for the initial climb and final descent.
Your flight started with 17 satellites and normal GPS health of 5/5.
Normally for a flight like this the GPS numbers would be expected to stay similar for the duration of the flight.
But at 8:41.9 there waws a significant drop in numbers to 13 and a couple of seconds later it was 7-8 and GPS health dropped to 1/5 which means the drone is no longer in GPS mode and it's lost horizontal position holding.
After 12 seconds sat numbers started to rise again and after another 10 seconds the flight controller rated GPS health at 4/5.
GPS was dropped later in the flight three more times, the longest was for over a minute.

Actual numbers of satellites in your sky would have been stable and would not have dropped from 18-6 to 6 and back to 13 in less than a minute.
This suggests a physical problem with your drone, possibly a loose connection to the GPS receiver or something like that.
I'd keep an eye on it and if it's happening any more, have it looked at.

That's it

The flight was all above 100 ft except for the initial climb and final descent.
Your flight started with 17 satellites and normal GPS health of 5/5.
Normally for a flight like this the GPS numbers would be expected to stay similar for the duration of the flight.
But at 8:41.9 there waws a significant drop in numbers to 13 and a couple of seconds later it was 7-8 and GPS health dropped to 1/5 which means the drone is no longer in GPS mode and it's lost horizontal position holding.
After 12 seconds sat numbers started to rise again and after another 10 seconds the flight controller rated GPS health at 4/5.
GPS was dropped later in the flight three more times, the longest was for over a minute.

Actual numbers of satellites in your sky would have been stable and would not have dropped from 18-6 to 6 and back to 13 in less than a minute.
This suggests a physical problem with your drone, possibly a loose connection to the GPS receiver or something like that.
I'd keep an eye on it and if it's happening any more, have it looked at.
Meta4,
WOW, this is why I love this forum.,
Amazing what I learn here and even more amazing is people like u who can interpret all
This data..
Thank you for your time with this..
It has got to be a loose connection then.
Lately it has taken a lot longer for the Mavic
To show the green READY TO GO message cause it’s still acquiring satellite data..
Also compass 1warnings occasionally.
So that piece of hardware is either bad or lose wires..
I’ll start with the wires...
Thank u very much again
JohnnyD913

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki