DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro thermal paste on logic board components.

Dean88

Reactions
My Mavic pro landed in the water, so now I have disassembled the logic board and removed aluminium shields, under the shields there is blue thermal paste for protecting the IC chips.
But I also see the thermal paste on other components beside the IC chips, does this short the board and damage the components? IMG_1593.jpg

My Mavic pro landed in the water, so now I have disassembled the logic board and removed aluminium shields, under the shields there is blue thermal paste for protecting the IC chips.
But I also see the thermal paste on other components beside the IC chips, does this short the board and damage the components? View attachment 137641
No, the thermal paste is only heat conductive. Not electrically conductive. Its primary function is only to transfer heat to the cooling heat sinks. It should be reapplied when re assembling to insure proper cooling.

Reactions: maggior
That article is hilarious. The guy says "silver ice" paste is conductive then says carbon paste isn't. I guess he's never heard of carbon-arc lamps. And here's Artic's description of it's silver paste conductivity (they essentially say it has a dielectric constant that is higher than air, which is true of virtually all thermal pastes):

Not Electrically Conductive:
Arctic Silver 5 was formulated to conduct heat, not electricity.
(While much safer than electrically conductive silver and copper greases, Arctic Silver 5 should be kept away from electrical traces, pins, and leads. While it is not electrically conductive, the compound is very slightly capacitive and could potentially cause problems if it bridges two close-proximity electrical paths.)

I did chuckle a bit myself. The word “conductive” in this instance has two meanings. Thermal and electric. Takes a little to dig through and get the information needed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJHind