DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro with Samsung Galaxy S7edge

CanAuzieman

Reactions
Does anyone else use the galaxy S7 edge with their controller? If so, do you ever have issues like disconnections...etc....and if you don't, what are your settings?

I've heard people say they turn off the wifi, they put it in airplane mode...etc...but in my head if I turn on airplane mode then I turn off the maps/gps function of the phone?

very new to all of this, and have had a few issues - posted my question in the appropriate support thread, but was just wondering more generally if anybody else uses my phone with the controller and what their experience with it is?

Cheers

Hi I have an S7 and don't have any issues with it, all I do is clear all background processes and just use it.

However you can use this in airplane mode you just need to download offline maps.

Hi I have an S7 and don't have any issues with it, all I do is clear all background processes and just use it.

However you can use this in airplane mode you just need to download offline maps.

noob question - but when you say download the offline maps - is that something you do in the DJI app, or on like google maps or something?

I've not tried putting it in airplane mode yet, and the last significant disconnect that I had, I also didn't have the wifi turned off on my phone, and was flying it out of my backyard - perhaps the wifi from my house was complicating things...?

will definitely keep in mind to exit the background processes, that seems obvious but I definitely haven't been doing it.

I do turn off WiFi so give that a go ..

Offline maps are down loaded in the DJI GO 4 app yes. Start the app ( you do not need to be conected to the Mavic ) and click on the three bars in the top right hand corner and select offline maps then find your country in the list and download. Just note with offline maps you do not get a satellite view it's a map style view only when you are not connected to the Internet.

This took a few flights for me to get used to at first but now I just don't notice.

Also one thing I would try is take the Samsung usb cable that came with you S7 and test conecting to your remote with that cable via the lower port on the remote. REMBER to unplug the side cable from the remote completely as the lower usb won't work if you do not remove it.

Last edited:
In my experience, all of the recent Samsung phones and tablets have no issues with the DJI app. That includes the Samsung note 7, S7, Note 8, tab S2 and Tab 3.

DJI and almost all Android systems "play" very well together. The most common complaint with Android phones is an older system without sufficient processing power.

Apple systems have a faster and more agile video system, but the new IOS has some problems with the video handshake that occurs on the installation.

Reactions: woodmnctry
I use S7 Edge. Works well for me. I use the stock micro-USB connector cable that attaches on the side of the remote control. I put in airplane mode, and close all background apps.

I the app crashes often, turn down the resolution of the screen on the phone.

I use S7 Edge. Works well for me. I use the stock micro-USB connector cable that attaches on the side of the remote control. I put in airplane mode, and close all background apps.
How do you close background apps? Show apps button to left of home screen button? Then close all and start go4?

I use S7 Edge as well. The only problem I have experienced is image freezing from time to time for a second or two, but my phone does it all the time. I close background apps with left bottom touch button and then "close all". You might want to turn your wifi off so it won't interfere with controller.

I haven't gotten my drone yet, but does anyone know if the Note 8 will fit in the controller? Does the pkg come with a USB Type C plug?

I haven't gotten my drone yet, but does anyone know if the Note 8 will fit in the controller? Does the pkg come with \a USB Type C plug?
My Note 8 works fine and it does come with a USB to C adapter. It's great even in full sunlight.

I use S7 Edge as well. The only problem I have experienced is image freezing from time to time for a second or two, but my phone does it all the time. I close background apps with left bottom touch button and then "close all". You might want to turn your wifi off so it won't interfere with controller.

If you put the phone in airplane mode, the WiFi should turn off automatically.

I have used the S7 Edge extensively with the Mavic for over twelve months and 800+ flights. Rock solid for me. I never go into flight mode.
I have and use a decent 4G connection to stream maps and still images back to Google real time. My SOP is to Kill all apps and turnoff WiFi as the last two steps prior to connecting the USB cable which auto lanches DJIGo4. I take calls from time to time in flight without any issues.

I have an s7 but never used it with my mavic or spark. I do have an older note 3 that never crashed on me. I would assume it would work better with an s7.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs