DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC PRO ZOOM - MECHANICAL OR DIGITAL

MrMavic

Reactions
Is the zoom on the Mavic a real zoom or a digital fake one?

It's a digital zoom.

Yep, purely digital, not optical. Usually recommended you shoot in 4K so if your outputting to 1080p or less you can do 'zoom' in with your preferred editor and not have any lose of quality.

So it's just cropping the image. Of course you lose quality if you're shooting in 4K and only putting out 1080. That's too bad because that drastically hurts the image quality.

Correct, I took pictures while zooming in, and found that photoshop resizing and cropping the original was better than the zoomed picture, so don't see much point to the zoom unless your video is set to 1080p or less, in which case the digital zoom will make use of all the CCD and give you a clearer picture.

Geez I LOVE the zoom feature - great for doing "Jump" sequences.......it's not about the quality it's about the final product!

Sent from my SM-N900V using MavicPilots mobile app

Geez I LOVE the zoom feature - great for doing "Jump" sequences.......it's not about the quality it's about the final product!

Sent from my SM-N900V using MavicPilots mobile app

Very true, but I would prefer to get the raw footage in the highest resolution and quality, and then use software to do all the cuts, zooms, jumps, etc. Really the take away here is, whatever works for you, go for it. For me it's all about having fun!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic