DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro

Shiner1953

Reactions
Last week I went out for first time on a few years. Just outside Calgary. Had an awesome time with no one in vicinity and good weather. Got some good captures for a newbie!
Today I wanted to take advantage of the great sunny day and beautiful blue sky, so went to same place.
Unfortunately I ended up getting very frustrated.
I could not maintain a connection between my controller and My Samsung S10. Everytime I started taking off I received disconnected message.
Can some one help me and let me know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Steve in Calgary

Reactions: Droniac
Make sure you have USB debugging enabled on the phone:

1) Settings --> System --> About Phone --> tap the build number a bunch of times until you get a notification that developer mode has been unlocked
2) Settings --> System --> Developer mode
3) Enable "USB Debugging"

I wrote that from memory so it might be slightly different but that is the process. That may fix it for you.

Make sure the cable is properly seated at both ends and check the phone's socket for fluff or dirt etc..
However, are you certain it was the phone disconnecting from the controller? What, precisely, was the wording of the warning?

Still, cables are cheap. If there is any chance yours is flakey, buy or borrow another one and see if it makes a difference.
(This is not drone specific advice; it's standard in the IT world).

I had a similar issue with one of my M1P's (Green one). I would take off on my driveway and shortly after it would say "disconnected". I changed cables to a USB type and then got "gimbal vibration" warning. totally different issue which i fixed. I have since received a new cable but to be honest have yet to try it. I will post results

Even if new, a cable that was a bargain is often the culprit, especially if you had no issues with a previously used cable. Spend a little more on a good cable and it usually pays dividends in the end.

They aren’t cheap, but excellent quality and right angle to device connection.

Especially good for larger devices like iPad minis, in the arms or in a mount.
The spiral cord keeps it very neatly in place with no tangles.

I bought a couple of this ones for my M1P and a couple for my Spark.
Still on first ones for each, but good to always have a spare.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman