No interventions other than RTH

How is the mavic and p4p?

Will it curtail flights?
Report my flight log to anyone?
Prevent start up in certain areas?
Any artificial ceiling?

Thanks

This is a forum for the mavic only...

Spending a few minutes reading even the top 15 threads here will answer your questions. Hint: the answer is yes to all except the reporting question you asked. Feel free to ask follow up questions in specific threads.

This is a forum for the mavic only...

Spending a few minutes reading even the top 15 threads here will answer your questions. Hint: the answer is yes to all except the reporting question you asked. Feel free to ask follow up questions in specific threads.

I realize that my answers are spread over hundreds of threads due to indirect topics.

This thread serves as a 'how DJI intervening software evolved'

Still questions that are easily answered with a simple search or just reading some of the threads on the main page.

Reactions: dirkclod
You hit that one MS :eek:

Reactions: Mr. Salty
I don't know what to search?
See the issue.

I didn't even know there the term NFZ or geofence existed.

I cannot search for things I don't know about.

Yes it will not allow to fly into NFZ
No it will not report your logs to anyone, unless you syncronise your logs to DJI server and give DJI permission to access them
Yes it will prevent startup in NFZ, or if cannot get GPS/position information prior to startup to confirm not in NFZ
Yes software ceiling to 400f/120m, which can be overidden up to 500m above take off point. No higher.

NFZ has many threads about different classes, different authorisations etc. I'm not an expert.

Yes it will not allow to fly into NFZ
No it will not report your logs to anyone, unless you syncronise your logs to DJI server and give DJI permission to access them
Yes it will prevent startup in NFZ, or if cannot get GPS/position information prior to startup to confirm not in NFZ
Yes software ceiling to 400f/120m, which can be overidden up to 500m above take off point. No higher.

NFZ has many threads about different classes, different authorisations etc. I'm not an expert.

Thanks a lot

I don't know what to search?
See the issue.

I didn't even know there the term NFZ or geofence existed.

I cannot search for things I don't know about.

Before I bought my mavic and while I was still researching, I didn't know those terms either and I did not know the answer to you questions . But I spent 1 hour reading the threads on this site from the top and knew the answers to all of your questions.

I apologize for the jerk-ish response but your questions are SO easily answerable by just reading the top 15 threads that it is apparent you haven't put any research into this on your own. Spend the time, read and learn. And while your at it you will learn so much more than just the answer to you questions.

Cheers!

I've read dozens of pages worth of threads.
But again, I'm not sure if I'm missing anything that hasn't turned up in what I've read so far.

I could, and have, read the manual but that leads to more questions , plus I want user perspective.

About reporting, every flight is logged in the copter itself and synchronised to the cloud when you have a connection to the networks. DJI might share flight logs with authorities if they see a reason to do so.

So, since all the answers are YES, I guess you're better off with your P1 which is probably the last DJI drone ever without any restrictions.
Those restrictions are to ensure safety and keep people from doing bad things. Although many still just do what they want one way or the other. You're not the only hedonist in the world.

About reporting, every flight is logged in the copter itself and synchronised to the cloud when you have a connection to the networks. DJI might share flight logs with authorities if they see a reason to do so.

Which cloud?
'The cloud' is a generic term.

So, since all the answers are YES, I guess you're better off with your P1 which is probably the last DJI drone ever without any restrictions.
Those restrictions are to ensure safety and keep people from doing bad things. Although many still just do what they want one way or the other. You're not the only hedonist in the world.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny ...

Which cloud?
'The cloud' is a generic term.
Any cloud DJI is currently using. Might be their own servers but they could also have a stack of virtual servers on Amazon, Oracle, Google, or a Chinese cloud provider, who knows. By 'the cloud' I mean whatever DJI uses as cloud.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J