DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic sighting

I have not seen another Mavic Pro yet, but when I was in Davenport CA (near Santa Cruz) - Shark Fin Cove a Phantom 4 dropped right down over me and came within about 50-60 vertical feet. No doubt checking out my new Mavic Pro. As I was packing up for the day I just waved up at the Phantom 4 and smiled. The drone operrator did one of those side to side movements to symbolize a wave then flew away.

Was a kinda geeky cool moment.

I will make sure to post up if I see another Mavic in the"wild"

Funny, the other day I landed my Mavic and after it shut off I still heard the sound of a drone (hard to miss once you know the sound). I looked up and about 100-120 feet up was what am pretty sure was a Phantom. It sat there for a couple of seconds and then flew off. I was a bit surprised as this was at my house and I don't live in a big city or anything but it is just after the holidays and I am sure plenty of drones were received.

I guess we just have to be used to not being the only ones in the sky.

Wish I had those problems. I flew mine today, and within a few minutes, I had text messages from two separate neighbors saying, "I see your drone". Seems like I'm the only one here.

Reactions: Mr Tic tac
Haven't seen any in the wild in Sydney.
Maybe they too small and quiet.

Does anyone drive and look up only to mistaken the object as a plane/chopper?

Reactions: Khy and triafgg
Not sure what I saw the other night..but it definitely wasn't a Mavic I'm still creeped out btw I have video.

Attachments

• 20170112_020334.png
    20170112_020334.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
I have several quadcopters.... OK, I'm learning to say it: "drones"... the Mavic is by far the most stealthy. Quiet and neutral in color. I flew some of the big river flows we have been having in northern California here lately and in reviewing my video on a big screen it was plain to see in many cases nobody even knew I was there... which I prefer. On the other hand, every time I fly my bright white Phantom I get people waving at me and plainly looking at me.

I like the Mavic for this particular reason and have been using it more than my P4 Pro for this very reason....

Reactions: Mako79 and Tucana
Looks like there are a lot of Phantoms out there that wish they could be Mavics so they alwasy stop to admire a Mavic from a distence as they shed a little tear and sigh.

Reactions: BD0G and No1much
Saw a mavic pro fly over my boat club today near Sullivan's island SC. First one I have seen in the wild!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

They are a rare sight indeed. Saw one while in Hawaii in December and another one here in Houston this past weekend. I'm sure we'll start to see more and more with DJI's ramped up manufacturing.

I believe now that DJI seems to have their production problems resolved (from what we are hearing), you will see them more and more. I wonder just how much the prices will drop. If there is only a 2week lead time to get a Mavic, I think you will see the price of the P3 and P4 drop dramatically. You will find more and more used ones on eBay and CL.

So I had a different kind of sighting...

In San Diego with my girlfriend, walking through Balboa Park when three guys pass by. I notice a dji bag slung over the shoulder of one of them and immediately an idea pops in my head. Reaching into my backpack, I pull my Mavic out and hand it to my gf and tell her to walk up behind him in a hurry and say, "excuse me I think you dropped this."

The look on his face as he reached out with two hands (as if to hold an infant) was fantastic lol. We all had a good laugh

Haven't seen any in the wild in Sydney.
Maybe they too small and quiet.

Does anyone drive and look up only to mistaken the object as a plane/chopper?
Are you worried that a boomerang launched from quid, not the full might take out your quad?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom