DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic to Mavic 2 or not?

Alloy

Reactions
Hello all!
I have a Mavic Pro and was considering a Mavic 2 or Zoom. I don't know the differences between them but generally speaking I wanted to know if the upgrade was worth it cost wise. I'm quite sure there will be a new Mavic 3 at some point, but I am only looking for a minimal cost difference. I already have the Air2, but world like to retain the use of my DJI Goggles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alloy
I just did this. I own a Mavic Air 1 and a Mavic Pro Platinum. Recently I've been only flying the Mavic Pro because I liked the controller w/the little screen better. Now, I did take the MA out the other day and flew four batteries; great fun, but I wanted to get some time with it again before I sell it. Sell it? I think so, because I just ordered a Mavic 2 Zoom and the Smart Controller (and fly more kit) from B&H Photo. B&H had good reviews, the price was right. I also ordered a case from Amazon because for what I need they were much less expensive, plus I have several Smatree cases and I have been happy with them. I ordered both last Thursday and the case actually arrived today (originally it said May 25th) and according to the B&H site my order says 'in stock, sent to warehouse). I guess I can expect the drone, fly-more and SD cards sometime next week.

Can't wait to try out the Mavic 2 with the new smart controller, hyperlapse, dolly zoom and Occusync 2.

Reactions: Smalls
I just did this. I own a Mavic Air 1 and a Mavic Pro Platinum. Recently I've been only flying the Mavic Pro because I liked the controller w/the little screen better. Now, I did take the MA out the other day and flew four batteries; great fun, but I wanted to get some time with it again before I sell it. Sell it? I think so, because I just ordered a Mavic 2 Zoom and the Smart Controller (and fly more kit) from B&H Photo. B&H had good reviews, the price was right. I also ordered a case from Amazon because for what I need they were much less expensive, plus I have several Smatree cases and I have been happy with them. I ordered both last Thursday and the case actually arrived today (originally it said May 25th) and according to the B&H site my order says 'in stock, sent to warehouse). I guess I can expect the drone, fly-more and SD cards sometime next week.

Can't wait to try out the Mavic 2 with the new smart controller, hyperlapse, dolly zoom and Occusync 2.
Hey buddy your gunna love your Mavic 2 and the capabilities it has will really blow you away with how much fun your having. It’s almost like starting the hobby new cuz the AC is so amazing. Have fun

I have both and still fly the OG MP, flew it today and it was an absolute joy as always. M2 is a blast too.

I was on the fence for a while between the Mavic pro or the zoom. I chose the zoom. The pro is for the professional who likes to do a lot of editing on the computer. Not to mention zoom i use all the time wouldn’t be without it. If you don’t do a lot of editing on the computer you would never see the difference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter