DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic took off with no command

Xamdam27

Reactions
I think I caused it.... . I was performing a motor check, sticks centered in the down position,
Carefully I picked Drone up to listen too the rear starboard motor. ....... Satisfied that motor was OK
I placed drone back on the floor,
A few seconds later the motors began to rev it took off and went berserk in the living room,
I had partial controll, Tried to land, sticks down!!!
Hit pause,
None of this worked, motor speeds were eratic, I had to pounce on it, unclipped battery, quite frightening!!!

I think I caused it.... . I was performing a motor check, sticks centered in the down position,
Carefully I picked Drone up to listen too the rear starboard motor. ....... Satisfied that motor was OK
I placed drone back on the floor,
A few seconds later the motors began to rev it took off and went berserk in the living room,
I had partial controll, Tried to land, sticks down!!!
Hit pause,
None of this worked, motor speeds were eratic, I had to pounce on it, unclipped battery, quite frightening!!!
you may have tripped the ultrasonic sensor, causing it to take off, if you try to grab it from below (the only place to grab it) it will trip the sensors again and cause it to fly upward. I had it happen to me on my first flight. From now on I follow @Atlas advice and remove the props when working indoors.

Reactions: BigEegit
That's why you should take the blades off when your checking or testing your bird In doors

Of coarse and thank you atlas I'll never do that again,
But in order to listen to that motor it really needed the prop to help load it a little!!
Also test was done using controller only NO PHONE,
I still find it strange that it should respond the way it did,
But then again I guess I was performing a strange task out side of what it's programed to do!!

HAHA I had the same thing happen to me with my first phantom.....thought I would be cute at about 1 in the morning when the wife was sound asleep and turn the motors on........I had just gotten home and was too excited to get it going......**** thing took off straight up in the bedroom........we have popcorn ceilings at the time and the props chopped chunks of it up, sending dust and speckles flying everywhere.....I was finally able to grab it by the landing gear and turn it off...........wife comes running in the room cause she heard the commotion, took one look at me staring at her with drone in hand with a face of embarrassment and she starts laughing hysterically.....good times hahaha

you may have tripped the ultrasonic sensor, causing it to take off, if you try to grab it from below (the only place to grab it) it will trip the sensors again and cause it to fly upward. I had it happen to me on my first flight. From now on I follow @Atlas advice and remove the props when working indoors.

Thank you bunny
Thier is a place you can grab mavc from the top!!!! One needs to be bloody carefull mind you,
It certainly made a bland rainy indoor evening an adrenalised occasion,
Commands..... Sticks down and centered dident work nether did pause!!
I did have as I've said partial controll and kept it away from the TV and the lizard

HAHA I had the same thing happen to me with my first phantom.....thought I would be cute at about 1 in the morning when the wife was sound asleep and turn the motors on........I had just gotten home and was too excited to get it going......**** thing took off straight up in the bedroom........we have popcorn ceilings at the time and the props chopped chunks of it up, sending dust and speckles flying everywhere.....I was finally able to grab it by the landing gear and turn it off...........wife comes running in the room cause she heard the commotion, took one look at me staring at her with drone in hand with a face of embarrassment and she starts laughing hysterically.....good times hahaha

LmAo she's a good girl your wife, lol
I was sat Pissed in my camper van
Downloaded app to fly my new beepop
Dident think download would work in a field!!!
Somehow it did, I was pressing buttons bla bla
I saw "LAUNCH"
Like a twat my finger hovered over it, windy night a gust hit van.... Thumb hit launch
You can imagine what happened next

Reactions: Bunny Too
Commands..... Sticks down and centered dident work nether did pause!!
I did have as I've said partial controll and kept it away from the TV and the lizard

You need to learn the emergency shutdown command on the remote. Both sticks in and down, or both sticks out and down. Here's an example:

If you read my post you'll see I did this

I did read them. You wrote that you tried to land: "Sticks down", then later "Sticks down and centered". Neither of those is the correct protocol for the emergency shutoff.

Sticks down and centred in all cases,appolagi if I dident make it clear

And that is wrong it's the way I've always done it!!!
I'll check the vid
And thank you for your time ;-)

@Xamdam27, if you were using the default DJI GO settings, @lisadoc's suggestion wouldn't have worked. That would explain why the motors did not stop. You need to change the setting below to "CSC Maneuver" (for Apple devices) or the "Always" option (for Android devices) if you'd like to be able to shut down the motors at anytime with a CSC.

Apple:

DJI-GO-Stop-Motor-Method-Apple.jpg

Android:

DJI-GO-Stop-Motor-Method-Android.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde