DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic v Tree

NewWest

Reactions
Well I've had my Mavic 3 days and already need a full set of props!

I've been quite attentive to flying, but got distracted and somehow gave my neighbors tree a haircut! What was interesting is that the props did not cut out, despite me doing the emergency stick move.

What's the best thing to do when you come into contact with branches?!

Well I've had my Mavic 3 days and already need a full set of props!

I've been quite attentive to flying, but got distracted and somehow gave my neighbors tree a haircut! What was interesting is that the props did not cut out, despite me doing the emergency stick move.

What's the best thing to do when you come into contact with branches?!
Did you move the left stick down and to the right at the same time as holding the RTH button or did you use the old CSC method?

Ha. Exactly. Kinda contradicted myself there...
I moved left down/right and right down/left. Didn't do the RTH. What is CSC?
I was surprised the props didn't stop on contact...

Ha. Exactly. Kinda contradicted myself there...
I moved left down/right and right down/left. Didn't do the RTH. What is CSC?
I was surprised the props didn't stop on contact...
Combination Stick Command (CSC) is what you already described: "I moved left down/right and right down/left"

I'm assuming the props will startup the spin again once you let got of the sticks?? (return sticks back to center)

I'm assuming the props will startup the spin again once you let got of the sticks?? (return sticks back to center)

No!! Once you do that, it's falling out of the air like a brick, and there's no stopping it. That's why it's for emergencies only, as a last resort.

it's hard to imagine a scenario where you'd want to do that and could also execute it properly before it hit the ground/a person. More likely you'd do it if it was already caught in something (ie a tree or telegraph wires)

...exactly what I was thinking. I 'trimmed some small twigs' in a baby sapling and it happened so fast there's no way I could have even thought of just 'milking the motors' in time.

Mavic tumbled through the limbs and stabilized itself in literally 2 seconds..

...exactly what I was thinking. I 'trimmed some small twigs' in a baby sapling and it happened so fast there's no way I could have even thought of just 'milking the motors' in time.

Mavic tumbled through the limbs and stabilized itself in literally 2 seconds..
Have you seen the video where some guys ran it into a tree to see what would happen? Pretty much the same thing.. fell for a second or so at most then stabilized and was fine after that

Yes... I'm familiar with the video. Wasn't sure if they 'CSCd' to stop the props then restarted or if it was all automated recovery.

How does one know when damage has been done to the motors in such an event? Motor stall for a significant amount of time because of a foreign object has blocked its path..

What are the signs of an abused/worn/malfunctioned? Obviously if it doesn't hover on its own that would be a clue..

Maybe a screen in the menus that give you motor efficiency/performance readout similar to that of the sensors and cell voltage?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman