DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Wins DJI Fave Test

No surprise that the most nimble of the DJI line would get the most love from a lot of pilots. There's a time and place for the other models in the line, that's for sure, but agility has a big "fun factor." Not a fan of this guy, to be honest.

He summed it up very well.

Cracks me up how every time someone posts a video of Casey it turns into a "fan" vs "not a fan" thread. So why stop now... I'm a fan.

Reactions: sonof40
i like the guy and agree with his assessment.

Reactions: sonof40
Whatever you may think of Casey (I unsubbed after he tried pushing his 5m subscribers to vote a certain way), his editing skills and wit are really second to none.

Reactions: Aeroworks
Whatever you may think of Casey (I unsubbed after he tried pushing his 5m subscribers to vote a certain way), his editing skills and wit are really second to none.

I think he's a spanner. He's one of the most irritating people I've ever seen. [emoji1598]
But I'm European so that may explain it.
Didn't torture self by watching. He's not even been flying long so why would I listen to him. [emoji1598] just my 2 pence worth....

Fly safe... :)

Reactions: Aeroworks
I thought he stopped vlogging... Didn't he get bought out by or join CNN or something?
No Casey did not stop vlogging. He just stopped his "daily vlog" (which wasn't actually daily, but pretty close). He sold his app "Beme" to CNN for 25 million and now has a job with with CNN so he doesn't have time for a daily vlog.

YouTube Star Casey Neistat Partners With CNN for New Media Brand
Neistat’s Beme app has in turn been acquired by CNN, along with its 11-person team. According to The Wall Street Journal, the deal is worth around $25 million USD.
CNN will be terminating Beme and allowing Neistat to develop a new project designed to attract his online following. The New York Times reports that Casey will have complete creative control while building a separate company that lets the audience share “timely and topical videos” and start conversations around current events.

Reactions: erkme73
the most irritating people I've ever seen.
emoji1598.png

But I'm European so that may explain it.

:cool:

Reactions: XnavyDude
At 3:00 the Mavic footage looks awful, right side is completely out of focus - has he got a defective camera??

Gasp. In order to answer I had to watch three minutes of that.. I want it back!
Not a photographer but it's the depth of focus being set to the middle ground not infinity. That's the weird thing. You'd expect this camera to be at infinity at that range but it doesn't seem to work like the Phantom Camera. Not sure why it's so sharp either. May be the price for miniaturisation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think he's a spanner. He's one of the most irritating people I've ever seen. [emoji1598]
He's not even been flying long so why would I listen to him. [emoji1598] just my 2 pence worth....

O.K.... so he hasn't been flying as long as many on here, but he has had access to and flown more drones than a RC model shop employee and his blogs are well put together, concise, and in general unbiased.
but that's just my 2 centimes worth

Reactions: younumpty
Gasp. In order to answer I had to watch three minutes of that.. I want it back!
Not a photographer but it's the depth of focus being set to the middle ground not infinity. That's the weird thing. You'd expect this camera to be at infinity at that range but it doesn't seem to work like the Phantom Camera. Not sure why it's so sharp either. May be the price for miniaturisation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
you do realise that when somebody indicates the exact time on the clip (3.00) that you can go straight to that point (hover cursor over timebar) and save yourself the 2.59 minutes.

LOL. Yes. I was be a smarty pants.. still roughly 3 minutes someone owes me .. [emoji1598]

Reactions: Colin
LOL. Yes. I was be a smarty pants.. still roughly 3 minutes someone owes me .. [emoji1598]

Fly safe..... I wish.. only another 4 days to wait until delivery now (ordered mid Dec) I'm one of those sad sods with a mavic flight case, brand new nvidia k1, 3d printed s clips for the nvidia, angled micro cables, fold up landing mat, leg extenders, multi charger, spare props, no fly keyring for the gimble lock, tampered glass protectors, nd filters a new lanyard as well as a downloaded user manual.......... I'm actually slightly relieved that the weather here is crap at the moment.

Happy flying to you and everyone anyway

Fly safe..... I wish.. only another 4 days to wait until delivery now (ordered mid Dec) I'm one of those sad sods with a mavic flight case, brand new nvidia k1, 3d printed s clips for the nvidia, angled micro cables, fold up landing mat, leg extenders, multi charger, spare props, no fly keyring for the gimble lock, tampered glass protectors, nd filters a new lanyard as well as a downloaded user manual.......... I'm actually slightly relieved that the weather here is crap at the moment.

Happy flying to you and everyone anyway

Colin did you try Maplin if in the uk or Ireland ?
Enjoy your Mavic when you get it. It's sweeet. Thumbs up.

Here we go another Casey neistat bashing thread

The guy uses his equipment like it was meant to be used
His editing and story telling skills are very good a lot can be learned from how he creates his content

Colin did you try Maplin if in the uk or Ireland ?
Enjoy your Mavic when you get it. It's sweeet. Thumbs up.

No I live in southern France and actually ordered it through a friend who has an agricultural supplies company. He's sold lots of dji drones to farmers who use it to check on stock and land, as well as to some larger airports (crazy but true) I did have a date of mid Jan when I ordered it in mid Dec so I can live with a couple of weeks added onto that especially as he has already fulfilled orders that he took back in November.

No I live in southern France and actually ordered it through a friend who has an agricultural supplies company. He's sold lots of dji drones to farmers who use it to check on stock and land, as well as to some larger airports (crazy but true) I did have a date of mid Jan when I ordered it in mid Dec so I can live with a couple of weeks added onto that especially as he has already fulfilled orders that he took back in November.

Well enjoy when you get it. This thing makes flying so simple compared to the P3 Pro (which I still love dearly) and the P4 to an extent. It's so bulletproof despite its size it's witchcraft. Jealous of your location. You will get some beautiful flying fine down there.
If you're a drone guy you'll wish you had more independent flying modes but if you're a photographer you'd wish for a bigger Phantom like camera, but overall it's a marvel to own.

Reactions: Colin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe