DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Wish List.......

Peregrine

Reactions
Just wondered if anyone had any ideas they would like to see implemented at some point?

My personal wish, is that the Mavic would transmit wind data to the Go 4 App. It obviously calculates wind strength and direction to be able to hover, and fly in straight lines and circles. If it could overlay the screen display with, maybe, some transparent arrows or something similar, it would be a great help in deciding which direction to head off in. Wind at ground level is not always a good indicator of the truer picture at altitude.

I'd love for the camera to be able to pan side to side in active track modes (and other intelligent flight modes) so the forward facing obstacle avoidance sensors would work. Basically have it only fly facing forward, regardless of which way the camera is looking.

Reactions: npenaphoto
I'd also like to combine the TRACE functionality in Active Track with the Terrain mode so it will ascend and descend while tracking me on my bike.

I would like a reserve power cell in the Mavic itself that gives you a fail safe mode in event of battery loss. Just enough to bring it in to land.

I'd also like Point of Interest to be associated with more flight patterns than just a circle. Maybe a fly past, in a straight line, like a zip-wire, where beginning and end altitudes can also be specified. Swoops, both in and out too, where the curve of the swoop could be specified. Also arcs, with the camera focused on the subject.

Reactions: PacketRacket
I would like to be able to produce panoramas with just one command.
Also, there has been posts mentioning issues related to how Mavic encodes frames. If they could fix this it would be great.

Reactions: PacketRacket
1.) Acknowledge & Dismiss the beeping indicator - this should be easy & some are so desperate as to drive screws & hot needles into their controller to quiet the beep (no joke)

2.) Dismiss the Litchi, low battery RTH (#1 cause of many near crashes) I think the DJI Go app has this as an option

3.) Set an absolute altitude in missions, as opposed to relative. In Utah there are huge variations in altitude everywhere. I should not have to worry if my take off point is in the parking lot vs the top of a hill. Lat & Lon are not relative, I cant see why altitude must be.

4.) An option to display camera pitch in numbers (-17°) so when I record, duplicate or later modify a way point, I can dial in the pitch

Maybe these are already available & I am missing something, primarily flying with Litchi on my Mavic, but if they are there I don't see them.

What is on your wish list?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast