DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic won't take off because of flight restriction...is it okay to override?

hassanchop

Reactions
Hey Everyone,

I'm out far enough from the airport but the Mavic says it can't take off because of flight restriction in the area.

It says I can ask for a token and override it..which I did.

I'm not planning to do anything crazy and just wanted to get some aerial footage of my house. Is it okay to do that?

I did notice that when in the restricted space some of the features don't work like active tracking.

Think it's pretty cool that it knows I'm in a restricted area.

If its showing a flight restriction then you are in a no fly zone and its best not to fly, however if its a local airport with a few flights then contact the tower and ask for permission, some small airports will ask what time you want to fly, intended height and when you will be finished so they can advise inbound trafiic

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
Hey Everyone,

I'm out far enough from the airport but the Mavic says it can't take off because of flight restriction in the area.

It says I can ask for a token and override it..which I did.

I'm not planning to do anything crazy and just wanted to get some aerial footage of my house. Is it okay to do that?

I did notice that when in the restricted space some of the features don't work like active tracking.

Think it's pretty cool that it knows I'm in a restricted area.
My friend was telling me that he called the control tower at our local airport in San Luis Obispo, CA and got permission to fly on the outer edge of the restricted area. I had that happen to me and I put it away and went someplace else. Good luck.

If its showing a flight restriction then you are in a no fly zone and its best not to fly, however if its a local airport with a few flights then contact the tower and ask for permission, some small airports will ask what time you want to fly, intended height and when you will be finished so they can advise inbound trafiic

How do you take off, after the OK from the airport?

We have a lot of (what the app calls) ‘recreational airports’ where I live, and a few weeks ago my Hangar 360 app wouldn’t let me fly, but go4 would.
go4 let me know it was a ‘recreational aiport’, but I didn’t have to request a token or whatever. I did get that screen when near a ‘real’ airport, and I just chose not to fly there.

How do you take off, after the OK from the airport?
You'll need to go through an on-line unlocking process with DJI. In effect, what they are doing is ensuring that the responsibility for the flight is with you ... This is a fairly straight-forward video about using the NFZ unlock service:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123