DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic worth flying with DJI's app reviews?

Yeah I've seen issues on first install or never connected. The app may mix the settings up vs what the drone really has set. I'd always install connect and disconnect and reboot if never flown before. Didn't have the issue with Apple but I did it for good measure anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Fyi, the phone I plan to use is a Galaxy S7 Edge (hopefully the controller is compatible). This is also the phone that many people say they have problems with. But as someone did point out, people post a lot of bad reviews and dont make an effort to post goos ones.

Fyi, the phone I plan to use is a Galaxy S7 Edge (hopefully the controller is compatible). This is also the phone that many people say they have problems with. But as someone did point out, people post a lot of bad reviews and dont make an effort to post goos ones.
I think you'll be fine. I think most Android users have no problems at all. If you want a mavic, you should buy it. If DJI GO doesn't work well on your phone, then you could always try resetting the phone to factory settings. That would probably fix it.
If not, then worst case, you have the option of returning the mavic or buying a 2nd device for running DJI go.

Reactions: triafgg
I have the Pixel XL and have had my Mavic for 3 days. I've flown about 5 times. First 2 on day 1 were flawless. Next flight on day 2 app kept crashing.

I read 3 possible solutions:
- turn off auto rotate on display settings
- change DPI in developer settings
- use bottom USB port on RC

I've changed auto rotate and had 2 successful flights with no issues with the DJI 4 app.

For now, I'll make sure to change auto rotate settings before flying :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: larkin
A high percentage of those reviews are probably user error that blame the software

This reviews of the app on itunes are just as bad as android. So its really not just a ios is better thing.

My app crashed on my first ever drone flight. Talk about nervous!!! Was about 100 feet up just hovering, not even touching the controls. Luckily it rebooted and reconnected, but having that happen on my first ever drone flight was nuts. Came home and watched about 100 more hours of tutorials to make sure I knew what to do in emergency!

I have a Pixel XL as well. Zero app crashes or problems of any sort thus far. Too many variables to jump to blaming the phone for the issues. Other apps' background processes, memory leaks, poor error handling, etc can cause problems regardless of the hardware they are running on. It's not always the app that crashed that caused the crash.

Get the Mavic it is amazing. There are some that have problems but they are the exception..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the Pixel XL and have had my Mavic for 3 days. I've flown about 5 times. First 2 on day 1 were flawless. Next flight on day 2 app kept crashing.

I read 3 possible solutions:
- turn off auto rotate on display settings
- change DPI in developer settings
- use bottom USB port on RC

I've changed auto rotate and had 2 successful flights with no issues with the DJI 4 app.

For now, I'll make sure to change auto rotate settings before flying :)

Change DPI to what?

Sent from my XT1650 using MavicPilots mobile app

Never had the DJI Go app crash with my IPad Air or IPad Mini 4 with my P4, Inspire, or Mavic. My first gen IPad Mini was laggy with my old P3 but it never crashed. All 3 of my drones flys/operates flawlessly on my IPad Mini 4...

Bingo! That's exactly what it was. I was also going to buy a Pixel but chose iPhone since I got the Mavic about same time and I had iPhone before and the Apple Store is near me if I have an issue lol. Call them up if it's under warranty they fix. I just couldn't be without a phone for 10 days and had no back up. I sent mine in. Awaiting replacement then eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yep I am in nearly the same boat. I have project fi, so I am stuck with either Nexus 6, 6p, 5x, and Pixel. My nexus 6p has the mic issue and also the compass is broken. I set up for a replacement, same situation I couldnt be without a phone for 2 weeks so I bought a used Nexus 6 from ebay to use while I send back the Nexus 6p, then I would at least have a backup phone too. (as if my main phone broke, I am stuck with such specific phones on project fi that i might not be able to get one locally). Well having the nexus 6 for like a week somehow the screen broke underneath the glass, IDK how, i didnt drop it, i just picked it up and it was like that (after using it 5 min earlier and it was fine, so weird). So I had to reactivate my 6p that i didnt send back in yet and now ia m back to the same frigan issues. Today I decided I had enough of project fi, I am canceling and sending my number back to google voice. I am getting verizon prepaid and ordered a moto z force from ebay. Project fi is cool in concept but tmobile is still not there overall, sprint is just garbage and the big issue is they arent getting 3rd party phones on it at all. Plus verizon is the only service in a lot of the middle of nowhere type places I ride my motorcycle a lot, so better to spend a few bucks more a month for a service that i can rely on if i have an emergency on my bike in the middle of nowhere. havent decided if i will sell my nexus 6p on ebay when i get it repaired or not. I had considered trying an iphone but i like the ruggedness of the moto z force, i am rough on my phones lol.

Dji Go with samsung galaxy S6 Edge

After 50 flights, no worries

Tryed dji go 4, disconnected during flight, no more dji go 4:)

Been using app on lg7 has not crashed so far turn off auto rotation on phone seems to work
Why would you use anything but what they say is best for our drones

Why would you use anything but what they say is best for our drones
Im still very new but have read for a month little tricks here and there that seem to work for most Google maps is another one

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4