DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic3

Can you please explain what these battery mods are capable of and how much they cost and where they can be ordered? I'm most interested in the Mavic 3 mod. What is the additional weight of the the second battery and its cable attachment to the main internal battery, and the external mount? Is the second battery also 5000 mAh?

Can you just add external XT60 connectors to a stock Mavic 3 battery, and sell us the modified internal battery so we can choose our own external battery that might be lighter and less mAh.

Having the external battery hardwired, as in the photo, is not as useful as one which is connected modularly with XT60 connectors, where we can choose the external battery we want to use it with.

I would be very surprised if what you gained on the roundabout, you lost on the swings. A larger battery equals double the weight. If the motors were stock components, they'd be working twice as hard to do the same job. Net gain: next to sod-all, I would imagine.

I would be very surprised if what you gained on the roundabout, you lost on the swings. A larger battery equals double the weight. If the motors were stock components, they'd be working twice as hard to do the same job. Net gain: next to sod-all, I would imagine.
Don't let your imagination run away with you! From all prior empirical results, doubling the stock mAh and doubling the total battery weight with external batteries typically results in at least a 50% gain in flight time on all DJI drones, including the Mavic 3. The stock Mavic 3 battery gets a realistic 32 minute flight time. The depicted double battery is a 10,000 mAh combination battery resulting in a true 48 minute flight time. They advertise more, but 45 minutes in a hover to 10% is 48 minutes in motion, which is a 50% increase, as expected.

Reactions: Cafguy
Seem to recall a recent post testing a double-up battery that argued this point quite convincingly, all that OP reported was very hot motors and a substantial disappointment regarding the flight time increase. So imagination didn't play any part in my previous comment.

Nice Idea BUT bottom line you are killing your motors .If there was a way to configure the drones settings to accomodate the new weight it would be a great way to get more air time. (can't be done with DJI unless you have the secret software lol)
It may not rapidly destroy your motors BUT their life will be quite a bit shorter. NOW having said that I have a mavic pro with a similar battery mod and it is still flying fine - even with its HOT motors. So there's that.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
你能解释一下这些电池的MODS有什么功能吗?它们的成本是多少,在哪里可以订购?我最感兴趣的是马维奇3号模型。什么是 附加的 第二电池的重量及其电缆连接到主电池的内部,以及外部安装?第二电池也是5000MAH?

您能不能把XT60外部连接器加入到一个库存的MAVIV3电池上,然后卖给我们修改后的内部电池,这样我们就可以选择我们的 自己的 更轻更少的外部电池。

如图片所示,拥有外部电池的硬连接,不如用XT60连接器进行调制连接,我们可以选择我们想要使用的外部电池。
D电池容量10000毫安.可以安全飞行22公里外安全返航落地,你说的外加XT60需要改电池BQ9003内部参数的,不该参数飞机会按你预定容量计算飞行时间.IMG_3372.JPG

Last edited:
Seem to recall a recent post testing a double-up battery that argued this point quite convincingly, all that OP reported was very hot motors and a substantial disappointment regarding the flight time increase. So imagination didn't play any part in my previous comment.
Apparently, you choose to imagine facts not in evidence! Empirical evidence (instead of your imagination) from everyone else who has actually performed such flights, myself included, proves a 50% increase in flight time from a doubling of the stock mAh! So, yes, imagination is all you have to support your conclusion, unless the "substantial disappointment" was due to grossly unrealistic expectations of a doubling of the flight time by doubling the mAh!

D battery capacity of 10,000 mAh. You can safely fly 22 kilometers away and return to the landing safely. If you add XT60, you need to change the internal parameters of the battery BQ9003. If you don't have the parameters, the aircraft will calculate the flight time according to your scheduled capacity.View attachment 173101
Thanks for the reply.
So the second battery is, in fact, also 5000mAh, doubling the stock battery capacity and weight, for an expected 50% increase in flight time, which you express as a 44 km total round trip, which is 27.5 miles round trip, or 13.75 miles away. Assuming a flight speed of 33mph, that's a total of 50 minutes of flight time, or 50% more than the usual 32-33 minutes, which is the realistic flight time of the stock battery alone, so the math checks out!

As stated initially, if you could sell the stock battery with an XT-60 external lead connected, instead of your hardwired 5000mAh battery, I'd definitely be a buyer! Then, I could use my own external batteries, and adjust the capacity and weight of the external battery to fit the mission.

However, how much is your current displayed Mavic 3 battery setup, as is, and how can I purchase it?

谢谢你的回复。
因此,第二个电池实际上也是5000mah,将电池的容量和重量翻一番,飞行时间预计将增加50%,你可以用44公里的来回总行程来表示,即27.5英里的往返,或13.75英里的距离。假设飞行速度为33英里每小时,那总共是飞行时间的50分钟,或者比通常的32-33分钟多50%,这是实际飞行时间的电池单,所以数学检查!

如前所述,如果你能出售带有XT-60外部铅连接的股票电池,而不是你的硬线5000mah电池,我肯定会是一个买家!我可以用我的 自己的 外部电池,并调整外部电池的容量和重量以适应特派团。

然而,您目前显示的Ma维奇3电池设置多少,和现在一样,我如何购买它?
对不起,我在中国。看来我不能把它卖到国外去。容量为12,000兆帕。飞行时间是55分钟。这是极限。如果你想要更多的飞行时间,你需要充电电池电压到4.46伏。电压越高,危险越大,

Sorry, I'm in China. It seems that I can't sell it abroad. The capacity is 12,000 MPa. The flight time is 55 minutes. This is the limit. If you want more flight time, you need to recharge the battery voltage to 4.46 volts. The higher the voltage, the greater the danger.
That's a shame!
Looks like a great way to increase flight time and range!
12,000 mAh total would seem to support the 55 minute flight time with the extra 2000 mAh!
What is the total weight of the combined two batteries soldered together?

太可惜了!
看上去是增加飞行时间和射程的好办法!
12000MAH的总数似乎支持55分钟的飞行时间额外的2000马赫!
结合在一起的两个电池的总重量是多少?
这两个电池重达680克。如果你有这个技能,你可以自己做一个并测试它。电池寿命仍然很好。使用8个ATL电池并填充6000MAH的容量。IT软件中的循环计数必须改为两次,否则将引发非正式电池

These two batteries weigh 680 grams. If you have this skill, you can make one yourself and test it. The battery life is still very good. USE 8 ATL BATTERIES AND FILL 6000MAH CAPACITY. The cycle count in IT software must be changed twice, otherwise it will trigger an informal battery.
Thanks for the details. 335g is the weight of the stock Mavic 3 battery, so the second battery with cable and housing at only 345g, filled to 6000 mAh is 20% more efficient than the stock battery's 5000 mAh.

Any tutorials available anywhere that demonstrate the "skill" necessary to connect an external battery to a stock Mavic 3 battery, such as an exploded view of the Mavic 3 interior, showing exactly where the electrical connections need to be made?

多谢你提供的细节。335G是股票马维奇3电池的重量,所以第二个电池的电缆和外壳仅为345G,填充到6000马赫比股票电池的5000马赫高20%的效率。

任何地方都有任何可以证明将外部电池连接到储存的Ma维奇3电池所需的"技能"的教程,例如Ma维奇3内部的爆炸视图,显示需要在哪里进行电气连接?
Do you mean to see how the battery is connected internally?

very hot motors
This would be my concern with this adventure. I’ve seen the internal pieces that hide inside the motor bearings in DJI products. You need a micrometer to measure their dimensions. The want or need to expand I can understand, just be safe in the process!

Do you mean to see how the battery is connected internally?
Yes. It appears that the external battery is somehow wired to the internal stock battery. What is the process for opening the stock battery, and where exactly do you connect the external battery leads inside? Pictures would be extremely helpful. A video even better!

是的。外部电池似乎与内部储存电池有某种连接。打开储存电池的过程是什么,你到底在哪里连接外部电池导线?照片会非常有用。更精彩的视频!
The internal batteries are connected in series, and the external batteries are also connected in series. Finally, each internal balancing point is connected to the external battery balancing point. The premise is that the internal resistance capacity of the 8 cells must be consistent to ensure that there is no voltage difference. I will upload the video when I have time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid