DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mega-Panorama with Litchi - First run

Deckyon

Reactions
I have tried the Litchi app for the first time today. It is going to take some getting used to, but I will be loving the panorama function. I did a 180 degree, 3 row, 15/row setting. 45 photos total. Things I forgot: Set manual exposure, get higher, doublecheck the settings, do a second batch (just in case)

Took a couple minutes to shoot the 45 shots, but this came out great. I used Microsoft's Image Composite Editor (Free, just search) and a little correction in Lightroom.

Mega-Panorama by Brad Buskey, on Flickr

Reactions: halley
Nice panorama!

Things I forgot: Set manual exposure, get higher, doublecheck the settings, do a second batch

I do a lot of ground-based panoramas, so it's good to see you thinking about what you forgot / want to improve next time. However, there's one there which I don't agree with for drone panospheres.

You said you forgot to "get higher." This will rob your shot of a foreground, it will equalize the things near you into much less prominence. Maybe you want that, but I think it will remove any real connection. Remember, with a level drone flying above the action, you will almost always have a clean view of the horizon, and that's halfway through the image. You want to highlight some things near the drone viewpoint to let your viewer see and feel the scene. If you're too high, then the closest things below are not much bigger than the things way out ahead of the drone. Just my thoughts there.

I haven't seen any ability for Litchi to use the Mavic's 90º portrait mode in the auto-panorama command. Am I missing something? Combine that with the 30º upward gimbal, and you might be getting close to a full photosphere with no drone in view.

Nice panorama!
I do a lot of ground-based panoramas, so it's good to see you thinking about what you forgot / want to improve next time. However, there's one there which I don't agree with for drone panospheres.

You said you forgot to "get higher." This will rob your shot of a foreground, it will equalize the things near you into much less prominence. Maybe you want that, but I think it will remove any real connection. Remember, with a level drone flying above the action, you will almost always have a clean view of the horizon, and that's halfway through the image. You want to highlight some things near the drone viewpoint to let your viewer see and feel the scene. If you're too high, then the closest things below are not much bigger than the things way out ahead of the drone. Just my thoughts there.

I haven't seen any ability for Litchi to use the Mavic's 90º portrait mode in the auto-panorama command. Am I missing something? Combine that with the 30º upward gimbal, and you might be getting close to a full photosphere with no drone in view.

For me it is all testing at this point. I will have to go back and look at the source, but somewhere I did do the portrait mode. And I have done a 360 (very top vertically is missing, I didnt fill) with Litchi (using Portrait mode, set it up in advanced), Microsoft ICE and then changed the EXIF settings for the camera so it would show on FB as 360. It is WAY COOL!

See if this link works.
Facebook

Here are some of the others I have done, including the image I put on FB as a flat image.
https://flic.kr/s/aHskHTEAC5

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan