DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Menindee Lakes...

It'll be our own trip. Darwin to Perth via The Kimberley and The Pilbara. Up until now I've always made do with the SLR and a roof-mounted action cam, but now that the drone bug has bitten me, I've made a re-entry into the video world after being away from it for 30 years. It won't be 100% aerial photography, of course, but it will sure add a new dimension to my trips. Our last big desert trip was the Simpson in 2016.

And of course, on the way back, I'll be passing through Broken Hill and Menindee once more.

Awesome, would be a good drive.
We scratched the surface of WA and that leg, but managed Nuysland down on the coast (the bight cliffs ? ), then right up the middle along highwa . . . goat tracks to the Pilbara, and we had a really good look around in there, taking some very remote spots in.

I had only had the MP a little while before that, but took around 20 - 30 vids, some were pretty nice ;)

Hopefully you can have a swim in Lake Menindee this time, and do a track vid of yourself doing a lap, ha ha.

The only way you can swim in there at the moment is if you bring along a bottle of water and a pair of teaspoons to row with.

Oh, I am: I'm quite positive I can manage to pack a couple of teaspoons into the new truck I'll be building for the trip.

Last drove Kununurra Perth in 68. Bitumen started a bit north og Geraldton. No fuel on the highway between Fitzroy crossing and Headland. Headland was mainly a tent town.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d