DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Controller - weight?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland AHZHH7L6B55V.

I don't have the mini2, but I do have the MA2, which uses the same type of controller.

For what it's worth, it weighs 13.77 ounces or 390.57 grams.

That's just the controller and not a device added to it.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks!

Reactions: MA2 317
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

whatcha’ planning?
Thank you, from the rainforests of coastal Alaska!

Our company uses a variety of DJI drones commercially. Our existing MM1 is nice for backpacking and hiking to remote sites where every gram counts. I'm excited about the 4K/raw capabilities of the MM2, but a little bummed out that the drone + 3 batteries + controller adds 121 grams over the MM1. A bit of extra bulk too. Still, it's impossible to resist the new features. :)

My Mini 2 remote controller weighs 13.8 ounces.

Our company uses a variety of DJI drones commercially. Our existing MM1 is nice for backpacking and hiking to remote sites where every gram counts. I'm excited about the 4K/raw capabilities of the MM2, but a little bummed out that the drone + 3 batteries + controller adds 121 grams over the MM1. A bit of extra bulk too. Still, it's impossible to resist the new features. :)
Interesting!
...I bet you’ll do fine with the extra 4.5 ounces or so.
Honesty, I pack in my M2P and five -10 batteries in my OneMo backpack... habit I guess.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Interesting!
...I bet you’ll do fine with the extra 4.5 ounces or so.
Honesty, I pack in my M2P and five -10 batteries in my OneMo backpack... habit I guess.
I hear ya. I carried my M2P on a 6 day backpacking trip, but it was a bit much with 40 lbs of cameras, food, and other gear. Hope to save a pound by cutting a gram here and there.

Yeah absolutely insane to make a light and portable drone perfect for fast and light backpacking then make the controller so heavy and bulky. What were they thinking....

We have only used the P4P+ prior to the Mini 2 - always for work, in remote and rugged locations overseas - and we still use it as our "first choice" drone. And, yes, we dismissed the Mini 1 as "not good enough". But for similar reasons to yourself, the Mini 2 definitely ticks the boxes for assignments when you have to travel ultra-light. I appreciate the controller weighs 395g but it's a pleasure to use, leaving you free to focus on flying/filming. And a battery only weighs 79g, which is astonishing compared to the P4P batteries. I haven't used the Mini 1 controller, but "for a few grams more" (??) the Mini 2 is great considering the huge advantage of Occusync.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
I agree with the use of Occusync.
I can see your reasoning and would not want to be put in that position.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech