DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini-2: Enterprise Update Test

Chaosrider

Reactions
So I did the firmware update on Enterprise this morning. I decided to just do it inside. It would be very helpful if DJI had some kind of spinning wheel, or hourglass, or something, to indicate that an update is in process, and have some kind of "ding" when it's done. But, when Fly Lady told me I was OK to fly, I shut down both the drone and the controller, rebooted them, and went out to fly.

I decided to fly from the rear flight deck, because it was still too cold in front. The Starlink was turned off, and I sat on the opposite end of the deck. I considered this a test flight, and the first test was to zap up to 375 ft. No problem, no hesitation. I wiggled the altitude up and down, and everything seemed normal. I moved it a couple of hundred feet away, and hit the RTH, just to make sure everything works. Completely nominal RTH return.

You can bet I had the camera taping for the entire flight!

Normally, I move the drone about 50 out over the canyon and reset the home point. When it's coming straight down...particularly when the sun is near it...I can't see it all, and by moving it out and resetting the home point, that problem goes away. I just ordered the kit for a bottom mounted Arc V strobe, and I look forward to seeing how much that improves the visibility.

I took off again, but I got this notice that "There is an update ready to install", and not wanting to mess around with it, I landed immediately, turned everything off, and then rebooted again. I didn't find out until I was all done and inside that the installation notification was for my *Android* SW, and it had nothing to do with DJI.

I've been feeding the squirrels and birds on the back deck for over 2 years now. There's one who's noticeably larger than the others, who I've named Zilla. For the first time today, he came on the deck to eat while I was sitting out there and flying. You can see Zilla feeding here:

Notice how the wildlife, both squirrels and birds, have adapted to the presence of the drone, in addition to just me.

The only weird...and annoying...part was that I can't find the vid of that flight on the phone anywhere. Is DJI playing hide-and-seek with the video locations again?

A good day so far!

:cool:

TCS

Reactions: 280
With regards to the hour glass point, any updates I have done have been done using the appropriate Assistant 2, the computer and a USB cable. I feel it is quicker and more reliable that using the control app etc. . Using the assistant 2 there is a percentage indicator.

With regards to the hour glass point, any updates I have done have been done using the appropriate Assistant 2, the computer and a USB cable. I feel it is quicker and more reliable that using the control app etc. . Using the assistant 2 there is a percentage indicator.
Does Assistant 2 work with the Mini-2?

Fly actually does show a percentage indicator, but it jumps away from it before it's done, to another screen. I finally figured out how to get back to it. I sure would like a completion *ding* though...

Thx,

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard