DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 April potential

Mini 1 to Mini 2 is a decent update. You can't deny it. Though, from what we saw, Mini 3 should be a revolutionary update (revolutionary I mean in the sub 250g class). It will tear Autel Evo Nano+ which right now seems to be the best sub 250g even better than Mini 2 (at least from the camera point of view).

Mini 1 to Mini 2 is a decent update. You can't deny it. Though, from what we saw, Mini 3 should be a revolutionary update (revolutionary I mean in the sub 250g class). It will tear Autel Evo Nano+ which right now seems to be the best sub 250g even better than Mini 2 (at least from the camera point of view).
Agree. But still imagine telling people just a few weeks before mini 3 unveiling that it was a good call to upgrade their existing 1 to a 2 right now…
Imagine that.

The market will be flooded with mini 2s I am sure. I bought two of them months ago for 433 fly more combo

Reactions: EliteBleader
Agree. But still imagine telling people just a few weeks before mini 3 unveiling that it was a good call to upgrade their existing 1 to a 2 right now…
Imagine that.

The market will be flooded with mini 2s I am sure. I bought two of them months ago for 433 fly more combo

The same way the market was flooded with low price Air 2S drones when the Mavic 3 was released?

• Haha
Reactions: Okie and Faster
Wow, you're both wrong.

Three different classes of drone. Comparing them as if competing for the same market segment is pretty meaningless.

After release, the A2S will continue to have features and capabilities not available in the new Mini 3. If you need them, the Mini 3 is a non-starter.

Mavic 3 is successor to mavic 2 pro, it has nothing to do with Air2S

My point was that DJI drones hold their value very well and that there's little downward movement in price of current models when a more advanced model is released. Anyone expecting a major decrease in Mini, Mini SE, and Mini 2 prices after the release of the Mini 3 will likely be disappointed, in my opinion.

You may disagree.

Nothing further to add here.

My point was that DJI drones hold their value very well and that there's little downward movement in price of current models when a more advanced model is released. Anyone expecting a major decrease in Mini, Mini SE, and Mini 2 prices after the release of the Mini 3 will likely be disappointed, in my opinion.

You may disagree.

Nothing further to add here.
Historically,
-air1 price went down when air 2 was released
-Air 2 price went down when Air2S was released
-Mavic pro price went down when mavic2 pro was released
-Phantom 3 price went down then phantom 4 was released
-Mini 1 price went down when mini 2 was released.

You can try and disagree with facts, won’t change those facts though sorry.
Nothing further to add here

As far as recommending the 2 when the 3 comes out, that was purely based on budget, after all the mini 2 does not become worse just because something better comes out, it’s still a great drone, I would not hesitate to recommend it. I’ll at least be flying mine til Christmas…. But I’ll enjoy reading about the 3 and watching all the videos as it gets evaluated

Reactions: EliteBleader
It will tear Autel Evo Nano+ which right now seems to be the best sub 250g even better than Mini 2 (at least from the camera point of view).

Nano+ is far behind the Mini 2. The only advantage Nano+ has is on night shots. But on everything else Mini 2 is superior.

I flew Mini 2 for 1,5 years and I fly Nano+ since last week. Am am very disappointed with the Autel drone. It is far from a finished product. The price (1200 Euros - FMC) is completely unjustified.

Reactions: DroneTinker
Nano+ is far behind the Mini 2. The only advantage Nano+ has is on night shots. But on everything else Mini 2 is superior.

I flew Mini 2 for 1,5 years and I fly Nano+ since last week. Am am very disappointed with the Autel drone. It is far from a finished product. The price (1200 Euros - FMC) is completely unjustified.

the dynamic range on the Autel is at least 3 stops more?

Autel Nano plus vs Mini 2
Nano + has better camera (impressive at low light) , Obstacle avoidance, NO Geofense, twice expensive
Mini 2 has way better flight dynamics, better reception, stupid DJI Geofense, twice cheaper

All of this doesn't matter.

DJI want to sell to as many people as possible, which means under 250g in weight. The Mini 3 will (probably) be their main consumer item, with the others jogging around at various price points. That is, until the next drone appears, be that an air or whatever.

Then again, marketing suggests lower end, middle priced, high end, super luxury.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr