DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 3 pro controller and workflow....

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I enjoy the controller for the mini 3 pro... but I liked getting pics on my phone easy as part of my work flow... Any way I can do the same from the controller without having to pull a sim?

Have the fly app on phone and it'll detect it on startup and show quick transfer mode without having to pair.
I really wish DJI would release Quick Transfer for the RC or is it just too dumb to incorporate this?
Edit; I guess the dumbed down version of android on the RC can't compute quick transfer mode.

Last edited:
You are using the controller with the built-in screen, right?
yep, the in screen one that comes with it. Goal is getting pics to my phone as part of my workflow without having to pull a SD card.

yep, the in screen one that comes with it. Goal is getting pics to my phone as part of my workflow without having to pull a SD card.
You don’t need the new controller, with drone switched on, open fly app on phone and place phone near drone then follow instructions on fly app, but as far as I am aware they are only low res images, to download full size you need to connect to computer, cheers Len

You don’t need the new controller, with drone switched on, open fly app on phone and place phone near drone then follow instructions on fly app, but as far as I am aware they are only low res images, to download full size you need to connect to computer, cheers Len
so if i download photos in the fly app (like go through and tell it to download) I believe they are the full image. Been doing it with my air 2 for years.

@VenomXts Have you got a hold of the PDF manual for the Mini3? This is all detailed there, so download a copy and give it a skim thru if you haven't already. It sounds dull, but so is having a broken drone to look and rather than fly.

I really don't mean to sound like I'm preaching "read the manual" so, apologies, because that's probably what I'm sounding like😒. However, there are a few bits of info that are well worth knowing in there. There are some interesting new details on the RTH routine too that are well worth reading up on. :)

Reactions: MS Coast
so if i download photos in the fly app (like go through and tell it to download) I believe they are the full image. Been doing it
so if i download photos in the fly app (like go through and tell it to download) I believe they are the full image. Been doing it with my air 2 for years.

If you do what I suggest, you then get all the images on your phone, click on first one, bottom right corner a download icon, click that and the full res gets into your phone, and then you have to repeat this action on all other images, have not yet found a way to download all at once, hope that helps cheers Len

@VenomXts Have you got a hold of the PDF manual for the Mini3? This is all detailed there, so download a copy and give it a skim thru if you haven't already. It sounds dull, but so is having a broken drone to look and rather than fly.

I really don't mean to sound like I'm preaching "read the manual" so, apologies, because that's probably what I'm sounding like😒. However, there are a few bits of info that are well worth knowing in there. There are some interesting new details on the RTH routine too that are well worth reading up on. :)
I haven't but i should and will, been flying dji for so long that i skipped this step but sounds like it would be a good idea.

Reactions: scro
I haven't but i should and will, been flying dji for so long that i skipped this step but sounds like it would be a good idea.
I've not actually got my Mini 3 in my hands yet (it's delivered but I'm away) so I downloaded the manual, not expecting to learn much. However, I found there were actually a few unexpected things worth knowing about RTH, file transfers, active track, obstacle avoidance etc.

Last edited:
Hmm unfortunately, every time i try to pair with the drone it never completes... gona have to play with it more.
1657667870781.png

I’m just going to say that for whatever reason, I often have to put my iPhone 13 Pro in airplane mode in order to get successfully connected to the bird. It’s weird but seems to work for me…

Reactions: SpinItUp
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa