DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Mini 3 Pro for filmmaking (anamorphic) - Feedback required!

Captain Filmmaking

Reactions
Hi folks!

In this anamorphic car commercial demo shoot, I tried to match the Mini 3 Pro with my Sony cameras & SIRUIs anamorphic lens lineup.
For this I've equipped the Mini 3 Pro with Freewells anamorphic lens adapter and then tried to match the colors as good as I could.

What do you think of the aerial footage the sensor of the Mini 3 Pro delivered? Is it good enough for this kind of shoots or would a Mavic 3 Classic be the noticeable better choice and worth upgrading?

Thanks for the advice,
Ferdinand

Looks great!

I think the Mini Pro looks great with the other Sony shots. Since I knew what to look for I can see a slight overall quality change but if if hadn't been told, I'd never see it and just assume it was an artistic decision. Sometimes the "artistic decision" explanation is used to cover up subpar assets but in this case, I think it's absolutley fine. It impresses me what the Mini will do. When my Inspire 2 or Mavic Platinum die, I'll likely try the Mini, since the new Inspire is priced for pros only now.

Really nice work.

Reactions: Captain Filmmaking
Nice. Might be Youtube, but the aerial shots seemed out of focus to me. Independently of artistic ways, I think the car should be sharp in these cases.

I'm not a expert by any stretch of the meaning but my taste in video production is a bit sharper and clearer then yours. Your editing, and pre-planning skills are amazing and right at the top with the best in my honest opinion.
I see I have a long ways to go to match this ! Great job overall !

I'm not a expert by any stretch of the meaning but my taste in video production is a bit sharper and clearer then yours. Your editing, and pre-planning skills are amazing and right at the top with the best in my honest opinion.
I see I have a long ways to go to match this ! Great job overall !
Thanks a lot - you made my day! :)

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Nice. Might be Youtube, but the aerial shots seemed out of focus to me. Independently of artistic ways, I think the car should be sharp in these cases.
Good eye! Yes, especially with DJI’s wide angle lens as well as with this Freewells anamorphic adapter, I noticed that the drone has a harder time to focus correctly.

In addition to that, the image was also softened in post, film grain was added and some cropping into the image was done for framing purposes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian