DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Performing Well

MS Coast

That's MS as in Mississippi.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Several people are having problems with their Mini 3s, so I thought I'd toss out an optimistic comment and appraisal of a Mini 3 that's performing well. I'm not posting this to brag or make anyone feel bad, but to say that it's worth the effort of finding solutions. Once those frustrating problems are resolved, I think you're going to be extremely pleased with the Mini 3.

I made two flights today to shoot 360 panoramas, still photos with 5-exposure bracketing, a few brief video clips and a set of flat panoramas (vertical, wide angle, and 180-degree) in four cardinal directions at two locations around town. I shot the 360s at multiple altitudes at both locations and took a close look at an osprey nest that was no longer in use this season. I used a separate fully charged extended capacity battery for each flight and could have done both flights with a single battery if I'd wanted to push it.

The Mini 3 performed flawlessly and I'm very pleased with the results. All the features are working properly and I've experienced no signal strength issues, control lag, or landing issues. It's a very nice drone and the Smart Controller is a delight. All things considered, I think it might be my favorite of the Mini, Air, and Mavic series.

If you're having problems, stay the course. There's light at the end of that dark tunnel.

(Note: I did have a problem updating firmware and the Fly app, but my router's DNS settings turned out to be the problem. The map failed to load one time afterward, but a restart of drone and controller solved that and it hasn't reoccurred.)

Last edited:
I am glad it is going well and appreciate the optimism.
Mike

Reactions: MS Coast
its a change to get some positive words on any drone, from anyone on the forum
because most people only post negative comments ,or blame the drone or the manufacturer for such and such an issue
there is nothing wrong with mentioning issues about a particular drone ,or indeed solutions to those issues
but with something as complex as a drone ,there is always going to be teething troubles ,when they are first launched onto the market ,and as we are now seeing after a few updates ,most of the early problems get solved .
i for one ,are very happy with my Mini 3 Pro, and think it is a very good drone

I dont have any faith in DJI resolving the issues people are experiencing

They don't even acknowledge that there are issues their customer service has told me multiple times that they have no records of people experiencing signal issues or anything like that

Not surprised, they're a Chinese company after all lol, but yeah as a new DJI customer I've already lost faith in them

@Daytona500 and @dirkclod, has anyone found that deceased equine icon yet?

I've had the M3P and Fly More + kit since 6/7 and had zero issues. It has flown like I expected and hoped it would. I've been laid up with Covid the past 10 days and only flown a few times from my deck, but no issues with any of the updates so far.
Very happy with this drone as well.
I can sympathize with those having problems however. When the Phantom 3's were first released I bought the P3Pro and it had several issues that DJI tried to help me sort out, I ended up returning it and the new one was flawless.

I've had the M3P and Fly More + kit since 6/7 and had zero issues. It has flown like I expected and hoped it would. I've been laid up with Covid the past 10 days and only flown a few times from my deck, but no issues with any of the updates so far.
Very happy with this drone as well.
I can sympathize with those having problems however. When the Phantom 3's were first released I bought the P3Pro and it had several issues that DJI tried to help me sort out, I ended up returning it and the new one was flawless.
Every once in awhile you'll end up with a lemon. For me it was a P4P Obsidian Edition. I returned it and the replacement was flawless. It happens. The M3P I have also has been flawless so far. I think sometimes new users have unrealistic expectations.

Last edited:
I don’t have my extended batteries yet, but I echo the OP’s sentiments almost to the letter. I certainly don’t demean those that are truly experiencing issues, but for me so far at least, this is the most enjoyable DJI bird that I’ve owned. As I’ve posted before, it’s almost my dream bird. Small, light, quick to deploy, and reasonably high photo/video quality. Is it “perfect”? Perhaps not, but it’s the most ideal set of trade-offs that’s ever been available for me.

Several people are having problems with their Mini 3s, so I thought I'd toss out an optimistic comment and appraisal of a Mini 3 that's performing well. I'm not posting this to brag or make anyone feel bad, but to say that it's worth the effort of finding solutions. Once those frustrating problems are resolved, I think you're going to be extremely pleased with the Mini 3.

I made two flights today to shoot 360 panoramas, still photos with 5-exposure bracketing, a few brief video clips and a set of flat panoramas (vertical, wide angle, and 180-degree) in four cardinal directions at two locations around town. I shot the 360s at multiple altitudes at both locations and took a close look at an osprey nest that was no longer in use this season. I used a separate fully charged extended capacity battery for each flight and could have done both flights with a single battery if I'd wanted to push it.

The Mini 3 performed flawlessly and I'm very pleased with the results. All the features are working properly and I've experienced no signal strength issues, control lag, or landing issues. It's a very nice drone and the Smart Controller is a delight. All things considered, I think it might be my favorite of the Mini, Air, and Mavic series.

If you're having problems, stay the course. There's light at the end of that dark tunnel.

(Note: I did have a problem updating firmware and the Fly app, but my router's DNS settings turned out to be the problem. The map failed to load one time afterward, but a restart of drone and controller solved that and it hasn't reoccurred.)
I just flew my mini 3 pro for the first time and was bitterly disappointed at the severe jello effect in the video, something I haven’t had with any of my other 4 DJI drones. I experimented later in low light and set lower shutter speeds without using nd filters and the jello disappeared. It seems the combination of exposed gimbal, ultra light weight and a much faster lens make this drone far more prone to jello. In the first flight I noticed the shutter speed was 1250th/sec in order to achieve correct exposure at iso 100. Has anyone else had this problem at similar settings, or do I have a sus drone?

I just flew my mini 3 pro for the first time and was bitterly disappointed at the severe jello effect in the video, something I haven’t had with any of my other 4 DJI drones. I experimented later in low light and set lower shutter speeds without using nd filters and the jello disappeared. It seems the combination of exposed gimbal, ultra light weight and a much faster lens make this drone far more prone to jello. In the first flight I noticed the shutter speed was 1250th/sec in order to achieve correct exposure at iso 100. Has anyone else had this problem at similar settings, or do I have a sus drone?
I’ve seen this reported and it seems Dji is replacing under warranty, send them the video.

Reactions: Torque
Was that in sport mode?
On the bottom of page 13 of the manual it mentions a possible video tremor then

Quick transfer is so much faster after the new firmware and RC update.
Can you please explain "quick transfer"? I love my Mini 3 Pro - best drone I've ever had, and I've had a LOT, but did notice that transferring videos via a USB-C cable to my computer is very slow. I did just update to the latest firmware, but have not tried transferring video files with a cable since. I usually remove the SD card and put it in a USB reader, which is pretty fast.

Can you please explain "quick transfer"? I love my Mini 3 Pro - best drone I've ever had, and I've had a LOT, but did notice that transferring videos via a USB-C cable to my computer is very slow. I did just update to the latest firmware, but have not tried transferring video files with a cable since. I usually remove the SD card and put it in a USB reader, which is pretty fast.
Page 14 in the manual.

Reactions: rx7ward

Has anyone flown their mini 3 in bright sunlight without nd filters and high shutter speeds without getting jello effects?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer