DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro zoom stopped working?

GrayArea

Reactions
I am a new drone user. On 6/2/23 I did all software updates on Mini 3 Pro drone and controller with screen. During test flights everything worked fine including using the zoom wheel on the right bumper of the controller.

At some point, perhaps after the flights, I adjusted recording setting to 4k60, if that is relevant.

I also received a Goggles Integra and RC Motion 2 controller, ran updates, and did test flights. Everything was ok except I got error messages saying the device wasn't bound and 5 sessions were allowed. I didn't know how to resolve this, and ran out of batteries & time.

Today 6/27/23 I did a flight w/ Mini 3 Pro and controller with screen. During this flight the zoom wheel would not work. I used the controller slider button to attempt zooming in Cinema mode, and Normal mode, and zoom did not respond.

Any guesses as to the zoom issue?

I don't have a Mini 3 Pro but try a lower frame rate and see if that is the issue. Higher frame rates take up processor power and it may not be able to do both.

I am a new drone user. On 6/2/23 I did all software updates on Mini 3 Pro drone and controller with screen. During test flights everything worked fine including using the zoom wheel on the right bumper of the controller.

At some point, perhaps after the flights, I adjusted recording setting to 4k60, if that is relevant.

I also received a Goggles Integra and RC Motion 2 controller, ran updates, and did test flights. Everything was ok except I got error messages saying the device wasn't bound and 5 sessions were allowed. I didn't know how to resolve this, and ran out of batteries & time.

Today 6/27/23 I did a flight w/ Mini 3 Pro and controller with screen. During this flight the zoom wheel would not work. I used the controller slider button to attempt zooming in Cinema mode, and Normal mode, and zoom did not respond.

Any guesses as to the zoom issue?
Zoom function for the Mini3 Pro is only available in 4k 30 fps and lower. Zoom is disabled in 4k 48, 50 and 60 fps. I assume it is due to processor load.

the 5 flights probably has to do with your care refresh. the drone and controller are "bound" to each other. I'm guessing you will get the error message when using the FPV setup, but not the original RC. Just a guess.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas