DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Wind Issue

Interesting, overheating when exposed to high winds. I wonder which battery was using, the regular or the higher capacity?

Interesting, overheating when exposed to high winds. I wonder which battery was using, the regular or the higher capacity?
don't believe he mentioned it or I missed it.

But yah, bit worrisome. Getting down under 250g requires a lot of adjustments.

This happened to me with the original mini. But it was not due to temps, but to the drone angle instead, as it seemed that when the drone antennae were too far inclined, signal propagation was sub-optimal and signal loss occurred.

This could be tested by flying upwinds in strong winds and going full speed away and towards onself, then checking on signal status during full stick.

It's not overheating, the engine load fighting the excessive wind causes too much battery current draw and displays an error message. Whether or not this is a valid error, or whether its something that needs to be fixed in software or firmware probably remains to be seen.

Reactions: Torque and Rchawks
It's not overheating, the engine load fighting the excessive wind causes too much battery current draw and displays an error message. Whether or not this is a valid error, or whether its something that needs to be fixed in software or firmware probably remains to be seen.
I'm not especially bothered that the drone would warn of excessive motor loading when flying in conditions like those in the video. I'm impressed that it monitors load and power usage and provides a warning.

Reactions: Torque
I'm not especially bothered that the drone would warn of excessive motor loading when flying in conditions like those in the video. I'm impressed that it monitors load and power usage and provides a warning.

I am just waiting for @Phantomrain.org to get his up and tell me his experience flying in wind/mist and rain for some lightening shots. I really am trying to figure out if I should get air2s or this mini 3 i know i cant wait a year for an air3..... My air 2 i love it but i miss better low light shots i had with the mavic 3 I sent back.

The extra battery power : The new Super Size shot , and possibly the zoom in while in Picture mode could be tip the scales in favor over the mini 3 . Video might be great on the Air 2S but because you did not get the zoom in Picture mode the Mini 2 would frame the picture much nicer.

I also miss the super size Picture that the Mavic 2 Zoom had, that was fantastic so seeing it back in the mini 3 is kind of nice.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Reactions: VenomXts
Here is an interesting video

interesting and thanks. that's pretty d*a*m*n windy just on the ground and a good test.

Will say in wind the Mavic 3 disappointed me with be unable to pull off panos too I always assumed it was the big camera.

Here is an interesting video

Indeed it is...taking it beyond its limits gives you a true feel for what those limits are.

Shame he didn't fly forward in normal mode at 12:27 as it seems max tilt is 40deg, except for when going backwards, where it seems it's limited to 35deg. It may have done better in N mode going forward into the wind.

Edit: not sure those limits apply in N mode...might be just 25deg in all directions for N and C modes, unlike the mini2 which could use up to 40deg in all modes if needed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark