DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro only $1> Mini 3 Pro?

cameraz

Reactions
The other day I crashed my original Mavic Mini, which I've had for several years, and it no longer works. Instead of having it repaired, I decided it's time to upgrade. I was thinking I could save some money by getting a Mini 3 Pro with its top remote (w/screen) and Fly More Kit over getting a comparable Pro 4 and kit. But when I priced them both at DJI, the Pro 3 is $1,098, while the Pro 4 is $1,099. Why would I not spend $1 more for the Pro 4?!! :D

I don't see much use for the remote with included screen, doesn't seem to offer anything the app does not. Put another way, I can't see the point of paying a bunch for a screen. My phone is always with me, and I have an older model that works just fine as well, I just connect it to my usual phone's hotspot.

The Mini 4 pro is only $760 with the standard remote.

I don't see much use for the remote with included screen, doesn't seem to offer anything the app does not. Put another way, I can't see the point of paying a bunch for a screen. My phone is always with me, and I have an older model that works just fine as well, I just connect it to my usual phone's hotspot.

I've heard the range on that new screen remote with those external antenna is pretty outstanding.

Reactions: CieloImaging
The other day I crashed my original Mavic Mini, which I've had for several years, and it no longer works. Instead of having it repaired, I decided it's time to upgrade. I was thinking I could save some money by getting a Mini 3 Pro with its top remote (w/screen) and Fly More Kit over getting a comparable Pro 4 and kit. But when I priced them both at DJI, the Pro 3 is $1,098, while the Pro 4 is $1,099. Why would I not spend $1

There's no question about it. Get the Mini 4 Pro.

The other day I crashed my original Mavic Mini, which I've had for several years, and it no longer works. Instead of having it repaired, I decided it's time to upgrade. I was thinking I could save some money by getting a Mini 3 Pro with its top remote (w/screen) and Fly More Kit over getting a comparable Pro 4 and kit. But when I priced them both at DJI, the Pro 3 is $1,098, while the Pro 4 is $1,099. Why would I not spend $1 more for the Pro 4?!! :D
Here is a reason you may want to consider. At Costco.

Attachments

• IMG_5683.png
    IMG_5683.png
    460.2 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: MS Coast
Here is a reason you may want to consider. At Costco.
For comparison to what the OP was considering, that package includes the RC-N1 rather than the RC controller and doesn't include spare props, shoulder bag (Who cares?), and cable. Great price, though.

Yes it may have all the functionality but I tell you having a phone strapped to the controller gets very heavy to hold & Cumbersome . You don't have your phone ringing while in flight . Believe me the RC2 is nice & light to hold . I wouldn't use anything now having the RC2

Reactions: raztec
Yes it may have all the functionality but I tell you having a phone strapped to the controller gets very heavy to hold & Cumbersome . You don't have your phone ringing while in flight . Believe me the RC2 is nice & light to hold . I wouldn't use anything now having the RC2

While I like my RC controller a lot in general, it has one very important added benefit for me - since I fly my drone mostly when I go hiking, in remote areas, more than once I've not been able to fly because it is sometimes damp outside and my phone complains about moisture in the USB port. With the RC I never have to worry about that - I will never buy another drone that requires a phone for this reason.

Reactions: Cobber 1
For some of us, anyway, the biggest advantage that all 3 previous Minis still have over the 4 is that they are supported in the SDK that allows third party apps. The biggest advantage for the RC-N2 (in addition to being $200 cheaper) is that you will be able to use those apps if the Mini 4 is eventually supported in the SDK, whereas it seems that DJI doesn't want the RC 2 to be competitive with their Smart Controller, so it won't load apps. The Mini 4 has built-in support for simple waypoint missions, but DJI's extremely limited implementation is a huge step-down from Dronelink or even Litchi (which is why those apps exist). We've seen that most Mini users here don't care about waypoint missions, but I should think that many professionals looking to use a Mini (because its sub-250g classification has fewer restrictions) will want to use DroneDeploy or Dronelink for mapping, photogrammetry, and inspection missions. I suppose DJI will eventually support the Mini 4 in the SDK and the Smart Controller, but for those users who need or just want a sub-250g programmable drone today, the Mini 3 is still it.

Reactions: GregE
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor