DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini4 pro SD card transfer via card reader changed due to software update

Thanks for the suggestion and best wishes for the new year. It appears that I have a different problem. I tried three very heavy duty cables and had the same result - computer shut down.
Best wishes to you my friend!!

It almost sounds like you have a USB port on your computer that's flaking out. I had a SD Card Port in my other laptop that would cause a Blue Screen Of Death if I inserted a card adapter (it was the larger format SD card and needed and adapter for our micro SD cards). The last time this happened the DATA on the card was hosed so apparently there was a short of some type inside the reader bay. Thank goodness it only destroyed the DATA and didn't cause any internal issues on the laptop. I ended up using a USB Micro SD Card adapter and put black tape of that SD card slot and never used it again.

Best wishes to you my friend!!

It almost sounds like you have a USB port on your computer that's flaking out. I had a SD Card Port in my other laptop that would cause a Blue Screen Of Death if I inserted a card adapter (it was the larger format SD card and needed and adapter for our micro SD cards). The last time this happened the DATA on the card was hosed so apparently there was a short of some type inside the reader bay. Thank goodness it only destroyed the DATA and didn't cause any internal issues on the laptop. I ended up using a USB Micro SD Card adapter and put black tape of that SD card slot and never used it again.
It seems specific to the Mini 4 Pro. The computer shutdown occurs with the drone powered on or off.

The problem occurs on all four USB ports on the computer and with three high quality cables. All the ports and cables work fine with other external devices. I can connect the Mavic 3 Pro (power on) via USB cable and it works fine as external storage.

Reactions: BigAl07
That's because the Mini 3 pro uses the old shorter filenames eg: DJI_0042.jpg
But your new Mini 4 pro uses DJI's new longer filename format which gives filenames like this:
DJI_20231230163421_0042_D.JPG.

There's nothing wrong with the files.
The issue is that the default Apple app that you are used to using doesn't recognise the new long filenames.
If you use Finder, that will work and your problem will be solved.
I've always pulled the cards from the drone or any other sd recording device and inserted them into the Mac, like you mentioned, finder could care less that the file names are longer, it sees and transfers them fine. I use a USB 3.2 reader that's far faster at transferring MP4s then straight off the drone. The DJI files aren't that large but transferring off the card makes a significant difference when it's allot of data like 100GB xfer of a day's video off a hero11. Not sure what other apps cannot read the longer names but it's a non issue with FCPX and Finder on a mac which is all I care about.

Reactions: Meta4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne