DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Minor crash DJI MAVIC

junkaii

Reactions
Hi all i recently knocked mr DJI mavic into a wall, didnt fall all the way back, it still managed to stabilize itself. At first the gimbal was not working but after restarting the drone it worked fine. Is there a need for me to worry about the drone motors or should it fly as normal?

You shouldn't have to worry if it starts up without any issues. However, inspect the broken props and make sure the 3 tabs that make the connection are intact. They can break off and still be In the motor. With the Mavic off, give the motors a spin and be sure the motors aren't catching or making any unusual noises. You'll get a warning if something is wrong during start-up.

Edited slightly because I felt my original answer was a little too nonchalant

Last edited:
Hi all i recently knocked mr DJI mavic into a wall, didnt fall all the way back, it still managed to stabilize itself. At first the gimbal was not working but after restarting the drone it worked fine. Is there a need for me to worry about the drone motors or should it fly as normal?

Seems like no worry - you could invoke a gimbal calibration on the ground before your next take off.

You shouldn't have to worry if it starts up without any issues. However, inspect the broken props and make sure the 3 tabs that make the connection are intact. They can break off and still be In the motor. With the Mavic off, give the motors a spin and be sure the motors aren't catching or making any unusual noises. You'll get a warning if something is wrong during start-up.

Edited slightly because I felt my original answer was a little too nonchalant

Can you explain how to make the connection intact? (the part where you mentioned to check the 3 tabs)

Seems like no worry - you could invoke a gimbal calibration on the ground before your next take off.

the gimbal looks a little out of position to me.. however i am not sure. is the ribbons on top of the camera supposed to be seen?

Can you take a photo and post it?

73dc3814ef294edc6918970e1a3e3638.jpg
3104fc9b9f34724096568ef6da1987bb.jpg

are the ribbons out of position?

I hope someone replies. My MP is at DJI presently so I don't want to weigh in w/o a bird to look at and compare.

It is normal that these ribbon cables are visible, but it's important that they're correctly seated as well.

I hope someone replies. My MP is at DJI presently so I don't want to weigh in w/o a bird to look at and compare.

It is normal that these ribbon cables are visible, but it's important that they're correctly seated as well.

thread is relatively old.. do you mind if you tell me when your drone is back?

its fine, the timing doesnt matter. if you can update me, would be good. thanks !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan