DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing Video Quickshot — what might have gone wrong?

Robert Prior

Reactions
I've just had an odd situation, and hope there's a simple fix so it doesn't happen again…

I was taking some video quickshots today in a park. Dronie and Rocket, worked fine.

My Member of Parliament's staff wanted a couple for his social media pages, so I took a couple more. Because he was in a crowd it had trouble locking on to him as the subject, and it took a couple of attempts before it actually did the rocket. I took another rocket as a just-in-case. Both times the drone went up to maximum altitude before returning.

When I got home and checked the card to send his staff the videos, all I have of the last two shots is a single 500k file of 0:00 duration showing the very first frame of the first shot.

I tried again just now in my driveway, and took two rocket quickshots with no problem. One I deliberately hit a control stick on and it ended when I hit the stick (wind was gusting and I didn't want to fly into a tree), but it kept the quickshot until that point.

Any idea why the two I took for my MP didn't work? I don't think I accidentally hit a control, and the drone went up and spoke the "returning" message. Did I miss a message on the screen? (I was keeping an eye on the drone for safety.) Would a log have more information, and if so how would I get the log off the RC controller (the one with built-in screen) to post it?

The only thing I can think of is that just before I took the quickshots I stalled the drone. I was taking off when one of his staff walked in front so I aborted the takeoff and got a 'motor blocked' message (I just inspected it for damage (none, it was only 5 cm up) and took off again) while when I tried just now it had been turned off while I walked home so had rebooted.

Would having an SD card in the controller be a way of getting a backup copy of the video? Or would no video in the card in the drone mean that there would be nothing to send to the controller?

Sorry for lots of question. I've only had this one a week and I'm still getting used to it. And I've not really used quickshots before.

I had the same problem. Were you able to solve this?

Took several quickshots earlier. Dronie as well as Activetracks. But when I got home to transfer files, none of the quickshots or activeshots were on my SD cards.

I regret that I did not bother checking the fly app album after taking the shots to see if they were saved or recorded.

No answer. Hasn't happened again, but I very rarely use quickshots so that's not terribly reassuring.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas