DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor melted Mavic mashed up

JamaicaJohn

Reactions
Never heard if this before. After 5 minutes in Sport mode, the plastic housing around a motor melted and my bird flew into the dirt at 30 mph. Has this happened to anyone else?

Attachments

• 14993837137401124604164.jpg
    14993837137401124604164.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
Reactions: Lone Wolf 58
Sorry to hear about your crash. Just asking, but are you sure it melted before it hit the ground? Can you take some more pictures? The only time Ive ever had a melted motor housing was when I flew it into the ground and the motor kept spinning, and started smoking and melting the plastic. Ive never heard of, seen or repaired anyone's Mavic who had it happen midair, but anything's possible.

I'm sorry but I posted this too soon. It is misleading. After a frame by frame video review of the flight it appears that a Starling impacted the drone and my melting theory was based on the heat and shape of the break. I think there was nothing wrong with the Mavic. Fortunately, I have DJI replacement insurance. Just hope it doesn't take weeks to get a replacement.

It will take 4-5 weeks....sorry

So I crashed my Mavic on July 2nd and feared the worse given all the posts about lousy service. I sent it in on July 3rd. They received it today. I put a nice note in the box asking whomever read the note to do what they could to get it back to me ASAP as I was planning on leaving for vacation. I actually got a call from someone at DJI saying they saw my note and would make sure it would go out tomorrow or Monday at latest.

They said that during the move between facilities they were running behind but now are caught up.

So far my experience has been excellent.

BIG TIP. When creating online request make sure you check out option for refresh express. If you select this option they will bill you for immediate replacement and won't bother creating estimate. Upon receipt they will purportedly send replacement within a day or so, I learned of this after sending in the mavic and was not able to change it after shipping.

Regardless, they are coming through for me. I will post again once mavic actually arrives but I am hopeful.

Good luck. I know how disappointing a crash is. Especially when It is your own fault.

Reactions: TroutboyNZ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian