DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MOTOR SPEED ERROR MAVIC MINI

Download dji assistent 2 for Mavic on your pc/laptop, do what the app tells you to do. Downgrad

Download dji assistent 2 for Mavic, plug in your Mavic mini, downgrade to 0.400, the one from December 2019, and voila, no more errors. I Will wait for 0.600 ?
Downgraded and sorted the issue, drone seems to be flying fine but seems a little slower than before, might just be me that though.?!?

Solid flight today 40 mins over water (risky with motor errors lol), all good.

It turns out that the new firmware doesn't actually change the flight characteristics. The warnings are just that - warnings. You can ignore them, but they are telling you that the rear propellers are not performing properly due to having become somewhat flattened - probably initially in storage and then further in flight, especially in sport mode. The problem is easy to replicate and the details of the resulting effect is pretty obvious:

Reactions: segi
It turns out that the new firmware doesn't actually change the flight characteristics. The warnings are just that - warnings. You can ignore them, but they are telling you that the rear propellers are not performing properly due to having become somewhat flattened - probably initially in storage and then further in flight, especially in sport mode. The problem is easy to replicate and the details of the resulting effect is pretty obvious:

If this is the case with brand new mavic minis….that indicates faulty packaged equipment.
Is DJI going to replace blades due to this message for new owners? Or should I just pack it back up and do a return through Amazon? This is a tough UI message to injest as a new owner/pilot.

Visibly, the blades have no damage. I followed DJI's instruction on storage in the fly more case, and was always very cautious and gentle. So, I am nervous on using the drone at all at this point, with all the speculation and lack of true answers.

If this is the case with brand new mavic minis….that indicates faulty packaged equipment.
Is DJI going to replace blades due to this message for new owners? Or should I just pack it back up and do a return through Amazon? This is a tough UI message to injest as a new owner/pilot.

Visibly, the blades have no damage. I followed DJI's instruction on storage in the fly more case, and was always very cautious and gentle. So, I am nervous on using the drone at all at this point, with all the speculation and lack of true answers.

I'm not sure what speculation you are talking about - the problem and its causes are pretty clear. Are you seeing reduced forward speeds, or uncommanded descents? If not then your props are fine for now. Whether or not, even with careful storage, they eventually deform just from use is unclear. I would say that your current choices are either not to fly it anywhere that would cause problems if it suddenly descends until alternative props are available, or to return it.

I have no idea whether DJI will supply different props - it likely depends on whether they can come up with a design that doesn't have this problem but also doesn't take the aircraft total weight over 250 g. Third-party props from MAS are more likely.

Reactions: segi
Ok, Just started to build faith in flying my Mini farther and higher as I am a new pilot (3weeks) and now this motor error stuff, happened two times in a row tonight , she's grounded till someone (DJI)figures this out .

After the error occured yesterday following the firmware update I successfully rolled back the firmware via DJI assistant and completed successful test flight with no errors, I then had an issue with AC connecting to the RC which looked to be an issue with the SD card , formatted SD card and rebooted everything and connected fine, however I am now seeing an error code due to the out of date firmware stating that take off is not permitted until Firmware is updated, I have installed through the app but rain won't see me fly today to test to see if the Motor speed error code is back, Just wondered if anyone else is seeing that takeoff is not permitted due to the out of date firmware? And is this normal?
I've had the drone a week and really have hit a number of issues, support from DJI seems very difficult to get as is purchasing DJI refresh which I didn't know about until after 48 hours of owning the drone now how am I supposed to complete a video verification if, the thing won't fly due to outdated firmware or if it's up to date and the screen is showing an error code?

Managed to get out for a flight last night. Had the left motor error after updating
Same issue as noted in other posts. Motor speed error. After landing and motors were shutdown, left rear motor ESC was beeping. As I had only flown about three minutes, I powered off the drone, then powered it back up and flew the rest of the battery. Mini flew fine and no more error messages.

View attachment 99583 I did not replace the propeller as suggested in the dialogue box.

I’ve attached a picture of my flight time when the error showed up. I had been hovering for about a minute when the message appeared. I then returned and landed.
Update. Flew the MM last night. Flew in all modes, did some hovering and anything else I could think of. NO motor error.? Now I’m confused. Never changed any prop blades, so is error going to show up again later or not? Interesting that it only showed up on the first flight after doing the update. Did send an email to DJI about the issue, but haven’t heard back from them yet.
Happy flying all.

Reactions: TomasJH
Flew at home this morning no problems?? , I must say any trust I had in my mavic has been taken back to square one , only thing I did differently was use a different battery, im going to try and make sure all the batteries are updated, anyway nothing to report for now ?! Fingered crossed ?

I have same problem after update :(View attachment 99536
I have exactly the same problem even after replacing the blades on the left rear motor - It is statistically improbable that everyone would have exactly the same motor speed error for the same motor at the same time. Has anyone tried downgrading to the previous firmware? I tried re-installing to see if it was some sort of odd install error, but no change - same error.

Reactions: TomasJH
I did the update last evening....just did a quick flight to check out the new camera options. Got the motor error message shortly after takeoff. Like others have stated....it is the rear left motor that is spawning the error. So what now....do I stay grounded hoping DJI will be issuing an update fix soon or go down the down-date path?

I have exactly the same problem even after replacing the blades on the left rear motor - It is statistically improbable that everyone would have exactly the same motor speed error for the same motor at the same time. Has anyone tried downgrading to the previous firmware? I tried re-installing to see if it was some sort of odd install error, but no change - same error.

You could just take a look at the motor data in the DAT file, rather than trying to guess what is going on. And no - it's not just the left motor that will give the error - I easily managed to reproduce the error on both rear motors, as I've explained in several posts.

hmmm. ok, that wasn't clear to me. I have read posts suggesting to reinstall FW using the Assistant software. I assumed 'refresh' would reinstall it.

Seems that I am missing a software component on mac. Companions software HoRNDIS would not install on Catalina. But the assistant still showed mavic mini as a device, so I thought it wasn't a problem.

I tried DJI Assistant on a windows laptop, and had no problem 'refreshing' the firmware. However, after testing flight, I still got the same motor speed error.

Next step is to swap out the propellers I guess.

All,

I too was affected by the firmware update. Looking down a Mavic Mini with legible Dji logo and looking at the rear, it was the right rear blades indicating to be replaced. So I did, and the error went away and flew great! (New spare blades and new screws)

Could not see a significant difference from the old and new other than the new had a a bit more upward curve than the old.

I have the combo pack with the case. So perhaps DJI is indeed more sensitive to this and preventing some future problem.

Let’s see how they respond. Perhaps the case is affecting the blades? Or perhaps it’s a balance thing in the software to ensure better performance. Others stated it the left side.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Noah McDonough
Managed to get out for a flight last night. Had the left motor error after updating

Update. Flew the MM last night. Flew in all modes, did some hovering and anything else I could think of. NO motor error.? Now I’m confused. Never changed any prop blades, so is error going to show up again later or not? Interesting that it only showed up on the first flight after doing the update. Did send an email to DJI about the issue, but haven’t heard back from them yet.
Happy flying all.
Got an email from DJI requesting additional information. I provided the requested information and have attached the email I received from them with their reply. Really not much more than has been discussed on this thread already.
Fly Safe

Attachments

• Reply from DJI.pdf
    92.6 KB · Views: 38
Got an email from DJI requesting additional information. I provided the requested information and have attached the email I received from them with their reply. Really not much more than has been discussed on this thread already.
Fly Safe
That's interesting that their e-mail says "... if there is a slight propellers deformation caused by improper storage, ..." It's possible that if you have stowed the folded prop's correctly in the Fly More case after your first flight, then they won't have been compressed underneath the drone and would have gone back to their original shape, restoring their correct characteristics. It looks very likely that the motor error comes about due to the rear prop's ending up squashed beneath the drone when it is folded and stowed back in the Fly More case after a flight, while the base of the drone is still hot. The prop's deform and no longer have the pitch needed to provide the lift. However, if the rear props were re-formed by warming them (e.g. dipping them in a cup of hot water), and then the MM was stowed so that the prop blades lay east-west across the drone's body - in the open cut-out provided for them in the case - then there is no reason why the props shouldn't go back to their proper shape and the error disappear.

That's interesting that their e-mail says "... if there is a slight propellers deformation caused by improper storage, ..." It's possible that if you have stowed the folded prop's correctly in the Fly More case after your first flight, then they won't have been compressed underneath the drone and would have gone back to their original shape, restoring their correct characteristics. It looks very likely that the motor error comes about due to the rear prop's ending up squashed beneath the drone when it is folded and stowed back in the Fly More case after a flight, while the base of the drone is still hot. The prop's deform and no longer have the pitch needed to provide the lift. However, if the rear props were re-formed by warming them (e.g. dipping them in a cup of hot water), and then the MM was stowed so that the prop blades lay east-west across the drone's body - in the open cut-out provided for them in the case - then there is no reason why the props shouldn't go back to their proper shape and the error disappear.
Yup, that’s what I thought also, but my mini has not been in the flymore case for over a month. I had flown it before the update with no error messages, then the first flight after the update, I get the motor error message. After shutdown and subsequent flights no more messages. Seems strange.
I don’t normally keep the Mini in the case except for transport, to avoid the props getting deformed and I am pretty careful about how I fold them when placing the mini in the case for transport. Will keep an eye on things and hope it was just a software glitch that has resolved itself.

Reactions: Claudiob
I "FIX IT".

Guys I updated today my MM and I was surprised by the left rear engine problem after a few minutes of flight, I made several attempts and in all of them I had the same error however I made an interesting experiment, I exchanged the left rear propellers for the upper right ones (same type) and the error is gone.

One thing that is true is that those propellers (the ones from the original problem) actually look a little more bent than normal (I never crashed, but it has been saved for at least a month). Surely this new update detects the slightest change and for some other reason, the rear propellers are more susceptible than the front ones.

Reactions: Claudiob
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert