DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverio BT-300 and Litchi

Srcrain

Reactions
I know this topic is buried in the Moverio review thread, but I think it deserves its own thread since some many people are interested in getting this to work.

Has anyone figured out a work around to getting Litchi (by way of the Google Play Store) to work on the Moverio's? This forum solved the mapping issue without a lot of trouble, I am wondering if they can do the same with Litchi and Moverio. Solving this would almost make the Moverio's a must own.

Has anyone tried to root the Moverio and load Google Play with Litchi? I have read about Kingroot which seems easy to use, but I am really afraid of destroying my Moverio device if I do it wrong.

From what I understand the only way Litchi will work is if it can talk to the Google Play Store to get authentication. At this point with the map fix the hack still does not allow the store to log in and authenticate against the main Google server.

I would assume rooting is really the only option unless Epson gets authorization to have a functioning Google Play store on the BT-300.

I actually contacted Litchi directly to see what they had to say. Here is my email exchange.

Me:
I recently purchased Epson Moverio BT-300s that run Android 5.0 or 5.1 (not sure which) and have a previous Android copy of Litchi on an older android phone. My question is - Is there any way to get my paid copy of Litchi on the Moverio's? They are not an authorized Google device so they don't allow loading of Google Play on the device. Therefore, I have no easy way of downloading my paid copy.
I can side load the app APK but it says it needs a Google Play authentication (or something like that) to work? If there is no way of doing that, do you have any time frame for when you might be available in the Epson Moverio app store or when Google Play may load on the Epson.
This is a very big deal to many Moverio owners and is one of the most talked about topics in the Mavicpilots forum.

Litchi Support:
Currently it is not possible, we are working on making it available via the amazon app store but we don’t have an ETA for when.

That is actually kind of encouraging.

yep, got the same answerafter pressing them by the fact that currently you can only use pirated (aka cracked) Litchi versions :-(

Ender

yep, got the same answerafter pressing them by the fact that currently you can only use pirated (aka cracked) Litchi versions :-(

Ender
Any idea when they may offer an Amazon App store version? I have heard that that is much more likely than getting Google Play authorization.

Very interested, and watching.. I just received my BT-300s yesterday and I regularly use Litchi on my iPad/iPhone.

You may want to have a look at the DJI Ultimate Flight app available in the Epson appstore for the BT-300s. It appears that it can do almost everything that Litchi can do, like waypoints. Also it uses Google maps. It is free.

You may want to have a look at the DJI Ultimate Flight app available in the Epson appstore for the BT-300s. It appears that it can do almost everything that Litchi can do, like waypoints. Also it uses Google maps. It is free.

That's good to hear. I'm about to pull the trigger on buying the BT-300. I use Litchi as well. One thing I'm curious about is access to the internet during flight to get things such as maps. Can you use your phone hotspot to connect via wifi or bluetooth to the internet? Or must you save your maps in advance?

I actually contacted Litchi directly to see what they had to say. Here is my email exchange.

Me:
I recently purchased Epson Moverio BT-300s that run Android 5.0 or 5.1 (not sure which) and have a previous Android copy of Litchi on an older android phone. My question is - Is there any way to get my paid copy of Litchi on the Moverio's? They are not an authorized Google device so they don't allow loading of Google Play on the device. Therefore, I have no easy way of downloading my paid copy.
I can side load the app APK but it says it needs a Google Play authentication (or something like that) to work? If there is no way of doing that, do you have any time frame for when you might be available in the Epson Moverio app store or when Google Play may load on the Epson.
This is a very big deal to many Moverio owners and is one of the most talked about topics in the Mavicpilots forum.

Litchi Support:
Currently it is not possible, we are working on making it available via the amazon app store but we don’t have an ETA for when.

That is actually kind of encouraging.

Since this is almost a year and half old, has anything changed?

Reactions: sonof40
You can get Litchi from the Amazon app store now.

You will need to download the Amazon app store app to your Epson BT300 glasses, then just log in to your Amazon account (or create an Amazon account) then download Litchi and you are set to go.

The only down side is if you already purchased it on the Google app store you will need to purchase it again on the Amazon app store. (Once purchased you can download it anytime then for free)

Hi!
I'm flying my Mavic Air since beginning of the year. During the last two months i'm increasingly using Litchi and I like it very much. Now I'm wondering if I should get a Moverio BT-300. A clear prerequisite to get it is for me that Litchi could be used to its full extent. I'm following the related threads quite thoroughly however there are for me some open points left.
As far as I understand one need to get the version from Amazon App Store which is not dependent on the Google services. My questions now:
1. What are the experiences with this version on the BT 300?
2. Are there limitations of this version compared to the one from the Google App Store?
3. What map is used in this version?
4. Living in Europe I would like to know if the FCC hack can be used in this version?
5. How complicated is it to get this whole thing running on the bt300?
Thanks a lot for your help
Rgds Wolfram

Reactions: PointG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hussy112233