DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP2 Battery Fault…?

Reactions
Good day… so I have an M2P battery that is less than a year old and since it’s one of four I own, it has not been overly used. My problem is, even though I have plugged the drone into the computer, with this battery in, and installed any new updates (geo updates), when I go to take off I get this message on my Smart Controller: “The remaining battery is only enough for RTH. Return home now.” (And yes, this is when it is fully charged).
Anybody else experience this? Is there a fix other than hucking this battery into the fire pit? (Kidding; I will dispose of it “properly” if there is no fix…) and no, I don’t want to deal with DJI to return it to factory (did this once before and it was a huge pain in the (Mod Removed Language)and not worth the time and effort). Thanks all and have a great day out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day… so I have an M2P battery that is less than a year old and since it’s one of four I own, it has not been overly used. My problem is, even though I have plugged the drone into the computer, with this battery in, and installed any new updates (geo updates), when I go to take off I get this message on my Smart Controller: “The remaining battery is only enough for RTH. Return home now.” (And yes, this is when it is fully charged).
Anybody else experience this? Is there a fix other than hucking this battery into the fire pit? (Kidding; I will dispose of it “properly” if there is no fix…) and no, I don’t want to deal with DJI to return it to factory (did this once before and it was a huge pain in the (Mod Removed Language) and not worth the time and effort). Thanks all and have a great day out there.
Only thing that might be happening is it requires a update to firmware and is reporting incorrectly or perhaps contacts are dirty to give a false reading? Other than that your battery tab in App should show all the battery info you need on cells and condition.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark