DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Music stand?

Droniac

*see avatar: I’ve Crashed more than a Drone 🙄
Reactions
Didn’t find anything regarding this idea after a quick search. In my (where should I stick this) closet, I found a small foldable music sheet tripod stand. Anybody every try using anything like that for control/stability. Are photo tripods functional to attach to a smart controller? Is this done? Is it ridiculous? Common? -Godspeed

We used to use modified tripods to our modded controllers
way back with the Phantoms as the panels had to be dead on and worked great doing distance test. Havn’t needed to with the Mavics but bet it would be handy.

Reactions: Droniac
I have seen tripod rigs before, most of them home built from 3-D printing to machining of aluminum blocks and brackets.

The tablet holder that I recently purchased for my MA2 has a machined hole for a tripod should I need to use it.

I'm happy using a neck lanyard for portability but if you were planning an all day shoot at the same location, a tripod system may be better. Especially if you are using a large tablet or monitor

For those all day shoots, a camp chair and umbrella are nice.

No since standing up when you can still comfortably fly sitting down. :)

We used to use modified tripods to our modded controllers
way back with the Phantoms as the panels had to be dead on and worked great doing distance test. Havn’t needed to with the Mavics but bet it would be handy.
I figured that it was done prior. I suppose I’ll give it a go. I appreciate and certainly respect your thoughts. The stand which is sturdy folds up unusually small into a tidy bag which what drew my attention. Thanks again.

You my friend are hysterical!! I actually think Churchill had said similar. In fact he said I’d rather have 1% of everyone else’s knowledge than 100% my own. This is why I’m enjoying this forum.

Reactions: MA2 317
I figured that it was done prior. I suppose I’ll give it a go. I appreciate and certainly respect your thoughts. The stand which is sturdy folds up unusually small into a tidy bag which what drew my attention. Thanks again.
I've been using a standard photo tripod (10 bucks at Goodwill) with a MavMount tablet adapter and a couple of photographer's tripod thumbscrew-thingys I picked up somewhere online. . My tablet is a 10" screen, and kinda unwieldy if handheld for any period of time, especially with the Hoodman sunshade attached (That's an absolute necessity in the Arizona sun!).

The tripod is stable as anything, and the head swivels 360* and tilts up/down. As long as I'm not moving around I've found it extremely useful.

Cheers!

I've been using a standard photo tripod (10 bucks at Goodwill) with a MavMount tablet adapter and a couple of photographer's tripod thumbscrew-thingys I picked up somewhere online. . My tablet is a 10" screen, and kinda unwieldy if handheld for any period of time, especially with the Hoodman sunshade attached (That's an absolute necessity in the Arizona sun!).

The tripod is stable as anything, and the head swivels 360* and tilts up/down. As long as I'm not moving around I've found it extremely useful.

Cheers!
Thank you for giving me my shopping list and places as well. I think your rig would do just what I need it for. Thanks for the info. Godspeed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scout Aerial