DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first MavickAir Flight help

karusz

Reactions
Hello I did my first MavickAir flight today! Very carefully but I was flying at 80 meters high or even 100. I think it is indeed high. I do not feel any need to fly higher...
Apart from that at this altitude I feel I beet frightened about loosing control of this drone.
It happend to me one warning situation - system told me that there are possible interferences at 80 metres and told me to fly with care, it happened a few times so I flew closer to me, although it was not far and in the beginning mode. How to avoid such situations?

And 2/ One emergency situation, I lost a contact with a drone (teach me what can I do wisely next time ) and it activated itself (how can my remote control know if it lost contact with me) automatic go home function. Why those situations happen and what shall I do next time?

3. I also have Goggle Re but I could not start, there were no button like automatic start etc to control the drone on Goggle screen

1. You may have a lot of WiFi interference where you were flying. Get away from town or at least from congested areas and it should improve.
  2. If the Mavic looses connection with the RC/controller, it will (should) automatically return to home. That is a main reason you insure that the home position is properly set when you take off. From the DJI web site:
    "Failsafe RTH:
    Failsafe RTH happens when your drone loses signal for 3 seconds when using the remote controller or 20 seconds if using Wi-Fi. When it kicks in it will do one of three things depending on how you have set it up. Firstly, if you have it set to RTH then it will ascend to the set RTH height and start to fly back to you, and once you get the signal back, then you can cancel it. Secondly, if you have it set to Hover then your drone will just hover in its current position, so you can walk towards it and re-establish your signal. However, if you fail to re-establish your signal and the Battery RTH is triggered then the drone will either return home or land depending on your Battery RTH settings. Thirdly, it can be set to land, so it’ll just land in its current position."
  3. I don't know about Google Re.
You can test the Failsafe RTH by going to an open area, send it out past 30 meters and turn off the RC. If it doesn't do as expected you can turn the RC back on and re-establish control. It really is the only way you can be sure it works properly. I did this with my MP.

On the DJI Goggles (Both standard and RE) Auto Takeoff and landing button is found under the settings button, the one that looks like a toolbox.

I've had the app crash and loose video feed. Had plenty of battery reserves so I didn't use RTH. Thankfully the Mavic was in sight and I still had full control. I also had telemetry the full time so I still had that information. The app rebooted quickly and I got the video back while in flight.
Then there are times when the controller slips in to ATTI or OPTI. Probably a good idea to understand the functions. Here is a good article I read about those modes.
OPTI-ATTI

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro