DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first payed mission!

fredbjor

Reactions
Hi!

Maybe I got my first paid assignment! Sooo nervous!!! I'm about to film a group of people on a outdoor training lesson.

It'a going to be a one minute commersial.

Settings?

-Auto, or manual, fps, shutter speed? Resolution? I'm not go into any color grading this time.

Hi, the rule of thumb is:

Manual WB, 30fps, shutter speed (as close to 2x fps=1/60th) use ND filter to get close to 1/60th, res, 2.7K (for better editing flow).

But IMO if you need to ask these questions you are not ready for a paid assignment yet.
You can not re-do the assignment if the footage is not good,

Reactions: Xclone and fredbjor
Hi, the rule of thumb is:

Manual WB, 30fps, shutter speed (as close to 2x fps=1/60th) use ND filter to get close to 1/60th, res, 2.7K (for better editing flow).

But IMO if you need to ask these questions you are not ready for a paid assignment yet.
You can not re-do the assignment if the footage is not good,

maybe you are right...

I would also be careful with public posts about being paid to fly, unless you have your FAA 107. I dont know if they are cracking down on pro-am flights, but you have to assume FAA monitors forums. Probably not that big of a deal, but it's best to just stay off their radar, so to speak.

I would also be careful with public posts about being paid to fly, unless you have your FAA 107. I dont know if they are cracking down on pro-am flights, but you have to assume FAA monitors forums. Probably not that big of a deal, but it's best to just stay off their radar, so to speak.

I'm not in The States

Nice!!! Lol....perhaps that's unpatriotic of me, but i have to admit there is not much coming from my government (and many citizens) that i can be proud of. Anyway, happy flying to you!!!

I'm about about to start doing commercial flights for realtors, I have my 107 test complete. Just been working on editing videos. Question is what's the going rate people are charging for there flights??

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayakin2