DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Pro under attacked...

Knight Hawk

Reactions
So, I'm flying my MP for about 40 minutes in Washington Park (Albany, new York) and just before switched out my 2nd battery for the 3rd a crow flies so close to my drone that the alarms go off and it stops moving forward. I notice the bird turning around and diving toward it, so I had my drone descend fast then forward to me. At that point is was so close to me the bird was scared and flown back into the trees. Now before any of this happen I was having trouble putting the Mavic into Sport mode. I'm still relatively new, but I wanted to see and feel how it is the fly in Sport mode. So after 2-4 minutes, I learn that I had to enable Multiple Flight Mode. I switched battery, enable MFM, turned on Sport mode and off into the air I went. And within 2-3 minutes of fly, not 1 or 2 but three crows were flying in to attack my drone. I was in a dog fight trying to save my Mavic. The only thing that saved me was Sport Mode. It allowed me to fly at high speeds and turn my drone on a dime, that scared the **** out of the birds. I had to do that a few times. And by doing that allowed me more time to get the drone close enough to descend it like a falling rock but also land it safely. My heart is still pounding, but it was exciting at the same time. It was also like me going through TopGun School fighting against the best, and somehow my Mavic Pro made it out alive.

I've had a group of falcons or what I think are falcons circle my drone before.
slowed down the video to see the birds.

I've had a group of falcons or what I think are falcons circle my drone before.
slowed down the video to see the birds.

The bird at the end is definitely a bird of prey. Pretty sure the small flock that go back and forth are just pigeons.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman