DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Maximum Distance Flight Mavic 2 Pro Recorded

Would've been better to actually use it for reporting on that air polluting mess going on about halfway out ...oh and get a faster card!
Did the commentary mention it? I don't know as not fluent in Vietnamese.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turducken
What does this guy want? A medal!
Edit; certainly deserves the reckless medal.
Edit, Edit; NH Phantom If I were to do this, I would move to Australia and proceed from the outback (or similar) where there are miles upon miles of nothing and only the vague chance of maybe cutting up a dingo or 2.
This was both reckless & stoopid. From the centre of Hanoi for Chrissakes 20°59'52"N 105°47'43"E

Last edited:
Nice run, that's some smog.

I tried this yesterday and made it over 9km out but had to ditch the drone 1200m short of home. I'm in Australia and I can confirm that no dingo's were harmed. I did almost knock a shrimp out of the hand of someone about to put it on the barbie though.

What does this guy want? A medal!
Edit; certainly deserves the reckless medal.
Edit, Edit; NH Phantom If I were to do this, I would move to Australia and proceed from the outback (or similar) where there are miles upon miles of nothing and only the vague chance of maybe cutting up a dingo or 2.
This was both reckless & stoopid. From the centre of Hanoi for Chrissakes 20°59'52"N 105°47'43"E
You come off as being very angry, cynical and sarcastic. Not good ingredients for good conversation.

That is impressive distance.....
I can't even get mine to go 2km without it losing wifi signal...not impressed...get better distance from my 3dr solo with upgraded wifi cards.

good flying. nice video. I wish you spoke English. I would have like to hear what you was saying.

But anyway, good job.

Reactions: Rodkat
Almost 2 years ago I was able to achieve 44,801 ft or 8.48 miles over the ocean. Very scary coming back and landing essentially without any battery left. Never want to try and reduplicate that again.

Attachments

• IMG_4828.jpg
    IMG_4828.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 87
wonder what would happen to there economy if they had to enforce just 1/2 of the smog regs we in ca are forced to live under.
but flying over a city. puffft. guess no flight rules in that part of the world?

but makes one wonder how many drones are lost trying to do this long distance thing. if one wants bragging rights, then limit it to ONLY out of the box drones.

No offense Guys, you do what you feel proper, but what is the pupose of these Guiness record attempts? Does it matter if it flies 8.500 or 9.200m?
I am not the fun of these attempts as this manner is typically the root cause of the continuous tightening of the drone flying rules in different countries.
Especially when you fly on this way, you would not like to do that above crowded city. This is an example for me what not to do with your drone...

I'm impressed by Dji ocusync technology. The live feed still maintained even the video signal dropped to zero bar! A sitenote about the operator, I assumed he didn't check the wind direction before he did the range test because he flew straight out into the air, furthermore he returned home at less than 60% battery level that was not bravery but ignorance. Perhaps he bet that MP could still fly even at 0% battery level? He took off from a crowded area instead of the opposite way i.e. taking off from less crowded area and fly towards the city in such to ensure when his AC runs out of juice it will not drop on somebody's head on it's way home. That's not a smart way to do a range test. I live in a city and never done range test in my area because I don't want to put others lives and properties in danger.

Reactions: SpinItUp
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d