DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My old brain

A.O.

Reactions
So my memory just isn't what it used to be and EVERY time I go to fly (or almost every time anyway) I forget to remove the gimbal cover on my drone.. drives me crazy! (yeah, I know, short drive) . So someone on here said they put a ribbon or something on their cover to remind them. So I just went through the high tech process of installing a reminding ribbon device on my drone... hope it works! ? ?

IMG_4620.JPG

Annoying isn't it?
I use a red elasticated garter which goes around the drone body and over the gimbal cover lock. White etc. might work for you.
I would edit out your FAA registration number?, you don't want some one copying it.

I know I suggested that method AO, as I spent 22 years in the Royal Air Force and although I was groundcrew ( Radar Tech.) I never saw one of our planes take off with the warning covers attached. Hard to miss the big red and white (mostly) tags. lol.

It does work A.O,
i used to do exactly the same back when i first got the drone so i tied a
bright orange piece of cord onto the gimbal cover..... i've never done it
since. ????

Reactions: A.O.
So my memory just isn't what it used to be and EVERY time I go to fly (or almost every time anyway) I forget to remove the gimbal cover on my drone.. drives me crazy! (yeah, I know, short drive) . So someone on here said they put a ribbon or something on their cover to remind them. So I just went through the high tech process of installing a reminding ribbon device on my drone... hope it works! ? ?

View attachment 119402
Why not teach our brains to think again. Without silly ribbons on stuff. The problem is not so much age. As it is we just don’t have to think about anything anymore... we can drive almost anywhere in the world. Without a map. Because our gps will get us there. We don’t have to memorize phones numbers anymore. Because of contacts built in our cell phones..... so what I am trying to say is use it or lose it..... [emoji848]

I know I suggested that method AO, as I spent 22 years in the Royal Air Force and although I was groundcrew ( Radar Tech.) I never saw one of our planes take off with the warning covers attached. Hard to miss the big red and white (mostly) tags. lol.
Thanks, I could not remember who suggested it to me.

Reactions: marnat3 and RobertR
Why not teach our brains to think again. Without silly ribbons on stuff. The problem is not so much age. As it is we just don’t have to think about anything anymore... we can drive almost anywhere in the world. Without a map. Because our gps will get us there. We don’t have to memorize phones numbers anymore. Because of contacts built in our cell phones..... so what I am trying to say is use it or lose it..... [emoji848]
My GPS would have a hard time telling me how to drive to France. No bridge built long enough yet.

View attachment 119402
I wife used her hot glue gun to attach a pink ribbon to the cover. Pick the the drone and the ribbon is obvious.

Reactions: kendrex and A.O.
I wife used her hot glue gun to attach a pink ribbon to the cover. Pick the the drone and the ribbon is obvious.
I used scotch tape, when it comes off I'll use the hot glue gun, good idea.

My only concern would be melting the protector.

When the the drone was folded, I remembered the cover when I unfolded it. But last few times I flew, the drone was left unfolded and I forgot to remove the cover.

The last time, by the time I took it off, the controller showed message about gimbal motor overheating.

So I’d better add a string, or fold the drone after each fligh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony McDrone
Your already 65...you might not be here in 10 years...[emoji41]
Where will I be?? Both my folks lived to their ninety's At 65 I'm still running chainsaws, my little sawmill, an 800+ pound motorcycle, yada yada yada.... I'm not going anywhere soon!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk