DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My suggestions for Mavic 2

kona

Reactions
I thought there was another thread here about this, but can't find it. Moderators, please feel free to merge this comment into the other thread if it's still here. Thanks.

Here I go:
  1. More reliable and sturdy gimbal: the dramatic horizon tilt issues mine has especially in wind (but also sometimes randomly e.g., after turns) make taking good video impossible. This is a QC issue in that the horizon tilt varies between drones.
  2. The clamp to hold the gimbal it in place is finicky.
  3. Make it easier to control yaw motions -- even with the power law exponent set to small values it is hard to turn smoothly. Having a buffer (like with the gimbal up/down) would help.
  4. (Even) better camera and maybe ability to replace lenses (focal lengths).
  5. Way to transmit 4k via the RC controller, be it post flight, so I don't have to remove the SD card. Alternatively at least make the SD card easier to remove (without moving one of the arms).
  6. Better AF. The current one gets confused a lot and there's a glitch that makes it snap out of focus repeatedly during some flights. I also can't set it to infinity manually (e.g., during night flights) as the infinity point is off.
  7. More motion sensors in all directions with obstacle avoidance. Make it truly safe to fly.
  8. Higher bitrate for less compressed 4k (though honestly this isn't bothering me much). Possibly 60 fps.
  9. Better lens cover -- flares make the current one unusable.
  10. Active track should be able to follow terrain. Active track could also be more reliable -- often looses the subject.
Otherwise an unbelievably amazing piece of tech -- thank you DJI!

Last edited:
Reactions: oldfox
1. HDMI output in controler
2. GPS in controler itself so i don't need a mobile device attached to make the quad return to the controller
3. sensors in the back
4. hability to take pictures while shooting video
5. user replaceable parts (gimball, camera, arms, motors)

Last edited:
Guys, we are talking about compact flying piece of art, maybe you asking too much? Maybe better to go and buy Inspire 2 instead? ;)
A few years ago, I thought it was impossible DJI could do a better drone than my P2V+ ... this industry is developing quickly, and the most features requested here are technologies already existent... So don't be surprised or underestimate those geniuses that work for drone companies! They may have the Mavic2 prototype been tested with those features and others that we never dreamed of like: a submersible Mavic, or an inteligent mode that read your thoughts, or a drone that will auto deliver itself to you.... :) .... just kidding... but if you realize that planes didn't exist just 100 years ago, anything is possible...

Last edited:
Reactions: Piranha and WAXMAN
A few years ago, I thought it was impossible DJI could do a better drone than my P2P+ ...
I know what you are talking about :) My first DIY "DJI NAZA" controller look like this
kk1.jpg

and my first "Phantom" was like that
330.jpg

and my first 'zenmuse' was
Podves1.jpg

and it was only 6 years ago :)

Reactions: roflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads