DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My wife wanted me to do a "zoom out and I'm pregnant, zoom in and I'm holding the baby" shot.

Congratulations on your new child. I, like you, find that zooming IN and ending up with correct framing is difficult and requires the pilot to be looking down at the screen. However when zooming out setup the framing, stabilize look at the camera and simply fly the drone away and up. You did that zoom OUT just fine. Here’s what works for the Zoom In. Shoot it as a ZOOM OUT with stable framing etc then reverse it in post processing and you will have a perfect Ending framing because that’s how you started.
Beautiful farm and again congratulations

Congratulations on your new child. I, like you, find that zooming IN and ending up with correct framing is difficult and requires the pilot to be looking down at the screen. However when zooming out setup the framing, stabilize look at the camera and simply fly the drone away and up. You did that zoom OUT just fine. Here’s what works for the Zoom In. Shoot it as a ZOOM OUT with stable framing etc then reverse it in post processing and you will have a perfect Ending framing because that’s how you started.
Beautiful farm and again congratulations
Thanks good tips. I seriously want to try a Litchi mission next time I want this type of shot.

Reactions: Rattydude77
Thanks everyone for the comments and well wishes. The drone videos just changed from "Recording personal adventures" to "Capturing Family Memories". And I couldn't be happier about that change.

In probably like 10 years, that awesome little-man is going to be tearing around that place on his E-Bike. Congrats! So wonderful!!

Thanks for sharing a great video and congratulations

That was really cool. Congratulations to both of you on having a beautiful baby & family. It was so nice to see all the greenery. We have lots of green in California but it is all burned brown this time of year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d