DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nasty Neighbors

930 PM? Was it dark? It may not be illegal to overfly private property, but flying after dark is questionable.

I only point this out because you need to be on firm ground before going into battle.

Reactions: warlock 31
ALL THIS IS FUNNY
I have a neighbor
He lives about 400 feet away , first time I try flying mavic on front of home yard , I just hover high than home, ( maybe 50 feet high) he comes and tell me do not to fly with mavic facing he side of street or he will call cops on me..

Yesterday I lost track of my mavic I hit home and it flew 400ft over my neighbor's property after looking at the flight logs and he did not say a word. And he was out in his yard.

a minister with a gun?? he wont be able to shoot anything 400 feet away and shooting into the air will bring the cops back, this time to his church.

My neighbor tried to have me arrested for flying over his property at 150 feet not stopping flying over. He's supposedly a church and he is the minister. This was 930 at night and he said I was scaring his parishioners and there was no one there so he lied to the police. When he called me he told me that police said he had to give me one warning and then he could take care of it himself. I thought wow that's interesting that the police would give him permission to shoot down my mavic. So I called them. Sheriff's Department read the transcript of the conversation. The sheriff did not tell him he could shoot down my drone or do anything to disrupt it unless it had a laser or weapon on it. Which there definitely is not. He said there was no law in Oregon on drones at this time and that he needed to just call me and politely ask me not to fly over his property. Which would have been great. In the phone conversation I told the neighbor that I would go up at least 400 ft to fly over his property he said no do not try it . I'm not trying to piss this guy off but he's really starting to piss me off. This was on Monday and this is Friday I've calmed down considerably. I've decided to go talk to him when is out mowing the lawn or something. I think it's better in person than on the phone. Anyway that's in my excitement for the week

Respect his wishes, no matter how unreasonable you may think they are. I never fly where my camera can look into other people's personal property where the expect privacy such as a femced back yard. Sure sometimes that limits where and when I can fly, but it is a big country with lots of places to go.
You also have to remember the Mavic and other drones make a distinctive sound that to many people sounds like an insect swarm. I completely understand how that would start to irritate somebody just trying to enjoy the privacy of their home.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark