DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filters

SHRED

Reactions
Would ND filters with added polarization be a good all around choice or do you need straight ND also?

Hi! I choose not pl, now when i bought a kit. Abit affraid of that pl would stole colours...?

Hi! I choose not pl, now when i bought a kit. Abit affraid of that pl would stole colours...?

184ecf5fb91a2fa5cea4c59fce4ab68c.jpg

Here's one I took with the filter on.

Of course its cloudy and allmost rain when I got my filters... [emoji41] Tried a little but got confused...? If I set my ISO fixed to 100 should not the shutterspeed work automaticly...?

Of course its cloudy and allmost rain when I got my filters... [emoji41] Tried a little but got confused...? If I set my ISO fixed to 100 should not the shutterspeed work automaticly...?
Not as I understand it - the mavic has no aperture priority mode, so you're either in fully automatic where all camera settings are out of your control, or fully manual where you must manually set the shutter speed. That's not a bad thing though since if the mavic were controlling the shutter speed it would vary as scene brightness changed when you flew around which probably isn't what you want in most cases.

Workflow is: ISO to 100 in good light, fit a roughly correct ND filter (ND16 in good daylight, ND32 in very bright light and around reflective surfaces, ND8 in darker overcast conditions etc), then set your shutter speed to get a good histogram/exposure, which should hopefully put your shutter speed somewhere around 1/60s but faster is OK - even if you only get say 1/160s it's still much better than 1/4000s.

Reactions: borealis
Cool pic! What filters do you have? I am looking at PolarPro, seems to be the one everyone is raving about.

PolarPro- think that was the ND8
I find them really good. Had no issues with them at all.

184ecf5fb91a2fa5cea4c59fce4ab68c.jpg

Here's one I took with the filter on.

It's a nice scene, but doesn't the significantly varying color hue across the expanse of the sky due to the polarizing filter seem a bit unnatural? The sky at the upper left and right corners are a rather dark blue while the sky in the middle of the picture is a much lighter shade of blue.

Nice......looks like horizon tilted a bit to the right (just noticed it...pobly nothing).

Yes. I live in the Welsh valleys and never had a horizon to see the tilt before!
Have to play with the settings to get it level.

I quite like the shading with the sky, it's how I see it - as I always have polarised sun glasses on :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925